Academic Advisor II - College of Architecture and Construction Management
The Academic Advisor in the College of Architecture and Construction Management will work as part of a team that is responsible for providing academic advising services to students in the College.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing academic advising services students in the college/department.
- Utilizing predictive analytics and academic advising resources to make data-informed decisions that positively impact student success
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with faculty, staff, and administrators within and across academic units
- Assisting students in creation of short and long term curricular and co-curricular goals.
- Communicate with students regarding academic difficulties they may be experiencing and support students who are on academic probation.
- Conferring with prospective and current transfer students.
- Participating in ongoing professional development activities that enhance academic advising outcomes.
- Assisting students in creation of curricular and co-curricular goals.
- Facilitating recruitment and orientation activities for the College.
- Representing the College on appropriate campus committees.
The salary for this position is $40,000/yr
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 2 years experience.
Desired Qualifications: Master's degree and academic advising experience preferred.