Clinical Research Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
SOM/DOM--Division of Pulmonary Sciences & Critical Care Medicine
PRA: Clinical Research Coordinator
Position #690528- Requisition 12837
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America's most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Nature of Work:
The Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine is seeking an energetic individual for a full-time Professional Research Assistant for research evaluating alcohol abuse, acute lung injury, and sepsis, in critically ill patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enrolling healthy subjects, subjects with alcohol abuse, and critically ill patients in an ICU in clinical studies--training will be provided
- Research protocol development and adherence for approved projects
- Biospecimen collection and preparation (urine, blood, bronchoalveolar lavage) for basic research testing
- Assist in biorepository management
- Perform basic research testing of biospecimens
- Preparation and submission of clinical research documents
- Data acquisition, entry, and strict monitoring
- Adherence to and technical knowledge of regulatory compliance issues related to human subjects research
- Attend and participate in weekly Coordinator and Lab meetings
- Attend trainings as necessary for required credentials
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.jobsatcu.com/hr/postings/true.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical studies, or other closely related field
- Must be able to meet credentialing requirements at area hospitals
- Experience with clinical trials
- Data acquisition skills
- Understanding/knowledge of IRB protocols and processes
- Good people skills and the ability to speak with critically ill patients, vulnerable populations, and their families.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1. A letter of application (cover letter) specifically addressing the job requirements and outlining your qualficiations. 2. Current Resume or CV 3. List of 3-5 professional references, which can be included in the resume/CV.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by March 12, 2018. Those who do not apply by 3/12/18 or those who submit incomplete applications may or may not be considered. Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12837
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20219 - SOM-MED-Pulmonary Disease
Posting Date: Mar 5, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jeanette Gaydos
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00690528