Payroll Functional Analyst
Employee Services provides the University of Colorado community with services from recruitment to retirement. The department provides functional and technical expertise in the areas of benefits, financial education, human resources, internal tax, learning and development, payroll, retirement and technologies. Employee Services strives to create a workforce that is stronger, healthier and more secure.
The Payroll Functional Analyst requires a strong HRIS/HCM professional with enterprise systems experience, and a strong Payroll background including Time Gathering and Absence Management functionality. This candidate will represent Employee Services as an HCM expert and act as a liaison to our campus partners, as well as University Information Systems. This role will provide system analysis, requirements definition, testing, troubleshooting and support in the areas of Payroll, Time Gathering, and Absence Management. This requires a strong knowledge of HCM applications and processes for the Payroll module, experience with system integrations, and Payroll processes. The Payroll Functional Analyst is responsible for the development and maintenance of consistent and accurate documentation of system processes and issue resolution. This role will actively consult and partner with Campus HR offices and the Employee Services department to drive process improvement and provide day to day support of business needs while maintaining a positive relationship. Additionally, the Payroll Functional Analyst will provide production support and troubleshoot system issues related to daily processing in PeopleSoft while supporting new initiatives, driving best practices and strategic change across the university. This position reports to the Director of Payroll and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain relationships with University Information Systems and campus HCM stakeholders
- Communicate to internal and external stakeholders regarding resolving HCM issues, requirements gathering, and providing status updates and presentations
- Alongside UIS Business Systems Managers, collect and translate business process requirements into a functional solution design
- Creates testing documentation and perform appropriate user acceptance testing activities
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide oversight for PeopleSoft HCM-Payroll/Time Gathering and Absence Management
- Work closely with Benefit team, Payroll team and HCM support teams by providing knowledge transfer to progress tickets to resolution and recommends additional development based on needs
- Creates and maintains system documentation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Experience executing test scripts for vendor delivered software packages and customized software packages in an integrated enterprise systems setting
- Demonstrated success completing cross functional projects
- Demonstrated recent knowledge of Payroll processes
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness
- Strong Analytical and design skills
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range has been established at $70,000-$78,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and Wellness
- Retirement: 10% Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Benefit
- ECO Pass
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution of higher education (applicable professional experience may be substituted on year for year basis for the educational requirement)
- Two (2) or more recent years of experience supporting payroll in a HRIS capacity.
- Two (2) years previous experience documenting functional specifications.
- Two (2) years previous experience with system and end user testing, including issue analysis and resolution.
- Experience in higher education
- Recent experience with PeopleSoft HCM/Payroll
- Experience using Visio
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by January 17, 2018. However, this posting will be open until filled. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter. Also, ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 51000 - Employee Services
Posting Date: Jan 3, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sharon Bishop
Posting Contact Email: Sharon.Bishop@cu.edu
Position Number: 00001733