Pedagogy and Assessment Program Lead Librarian
University of Colorado
The Auraria Library is searching for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable leader to fill our Pedagogy and Assessment Program Lead Librarian position. This program lead position is charged with engaging the Library's Education and Outreach Services Department in forward-thinking pedagogical approaches, techniques, and best practices for student learning assessment. The Pedagogy and Assessment Program Lead Librarian will provide programmatic direction in the areas of pedagogy, curriculum, and assessment that is supportive of the Library and campus faculty and their departments and manage our internal Peer Teaching Observation Program. This individual will liaise with the faculty development centers and participate in their initiatives to solidify the Library's role as exemplary campus educators.
- Facilitates one-time instruction sessions (face-to-face and online) in a broad range of disciplines to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Participates in teaching and assessing programmatic instruction for foundational courses.
- With the aim of creating inclusive learning experiences, designs and implements curriculum and corresponding assessments.
- Develops and maintains curriculum maps, program plans, and other related materials for academic programs
- Participates in orientations, including: new student orientation, transfer student orientation, new faculty orientation, and new employee orientation.
- Creates and maintains web guides, tutorials, and other digital learning objects.
- Plans and implements training and professional development opportunities for librarians on all aspects of library instruction, including theory, pedagogy, best practices, and available resources.
- Builds upon a programmatic student learning assessment for library instruction for both undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Leads curriculum mapping initiatives and communicates with campus partners to integrate instructional services throughout campus programs, including integration into the three campus learning management systems.
- Plans, facilitates, and evaluates campus and community outreach with the goal of representing the Library, its services and resources at campus events.
- Delivers and tracks research help services across a large, complex, and rapidly changing information landscape.
Start Date: Flexible, Spring or Summer 2018.
- Master's degree from an ALA-accredited library school or program or equivalent.
- Two years of experience teaching information literacy.
- Experience implementing and reporting on student learning assessment initiatives.
- Additional advanced degree.
- Significant experience with curriculum mapping or other program-level assessment initiatives.
- Experience designing professional development opportunities about pedagogy or student learning assessment.
- Experience teaching credit courses, information literacy related or other relevant discipline.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is $58,000-$65,000 commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12818
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:This position is open until filled. For full consideration, apply by March 25, 2018. Applications received after March 25, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30124 - AVC-OARS Library
Posting Date: Mar 5, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Alex Matthews
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00350234