Customer Service Specialist
The purpose of the Office of Residence Life and Housing is to offer a living environment that will be an integral part of the educational experience offered at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs. The UCCS residential facilities should provide an atmosphere that is conducive to study, as well as social interaction and individual development.
General Housing Operations
- Oversee the housing cancellation and petition processes, to include facilitating meetings with the petition committee and ensure the office is meeting best practices in regard to petitions and cancellations.
- Oversee the logistics for closing of the residence halls each semester and assist with term transition as needed.
- Assist the Assistant Director with move-in logistics and planning.
- Assist with Clyde's Cash sales for resident students.
- Coordinate the administration of resident satisfaction surveys.
- Assist with conducting room inspections at the end of each term.
- Assist with renewals process and information dissemination.
- Assist with housing software management and education.
- Assist as needed with miscellaneous billing to student accounts, as well as full semester billing.
Communications, Marketing, and Recruitment
- Coordinate all housing tours and develop orientation.
- presentations/procedures for prospective and current students and families.
- Assist with the Mountain Lion Experience program and give presentations to prospective students as requested.
- Oversee general communications from the Housing office to students, parents, and families.
- Assist the Program Assistant with monitoring and responding to general housing email questions and requests.
- Review the Housing website regularly and work with the Assistant Director of Housing to make any necessary changes.
- Participate in yearly review of the housing handbook and contract, and assist in formulating rules and procedures as appropriate for operations.
- Provide information and customer service to residents and parents/guardians in accordance with federal and state laws.
Off-Campus Housing Relations
- Develop an off-campus housing program within the Housing office to facilitate resident students' transition to off-campus living.
- Oversee the education of residents regarding off-campus living options.
- Conduct meet and greets with nearby third-party student housing complexes, as well as other unaffiliated apartment complexes.
- Arrange annual off-campus housing fair, for resident students to meet and interact with nearby complexes.
Front Desk Operations & Supervision
- Directly recruit, select and supervise all Front Desk Assistants (FDAs) for both housing areas.
- Provide semi-annual training for FDAs, as well as ongoing training and development.
- Conduct annual performance reviews/evaluations for all FDAs.
- Coordinate with Auxiliary Operations to oversee the maintenance work order process to ensure maintenance staff complete projects in a timely manner.
- Communicate with residents regarding large-scale maintenance projects
- Conduct common area damage investigations.
- Report any building safety concerns to the Director of Housing Operations and maintenance staff.
- Provide an additional in-house resource for community development and programming.
- Establish and maintain positive Pro-Staff and Student Staff relationships.
- Serve on campus committees as they promote the department or foster excellence in the university community.
- All other duties that are assigned by the Director and Assistant Director of Housing Operations.
- Excellent critical thinking process.
- Ability to make decisions for the department in an ethical, judicious and timely manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of computer equipment and technology and the implementation of such within an office/business environment.
- Ability to effectively supervise and manage.
- Excellent communication skills including public presentations.
- Proven business and budgeting experience.
- Ability to work in a fluid and ever-changing environment.
- Possess conflict resolution skills.
- Working knowledge of facilities management.
- Demonstrated experience in software use and management.
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: $31,636 - $35,000
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
A. Bachelor's degree in related field
B. One to three years in higher education administration, business administration or related field.
A. Master's degree in Student Affairs or related field
B. Experience in higher education housing operations and/or residence life.
C. Three to five years in higher education administration, business administration or related field.
D. Experience using StarRez software system, or comparable housing management software.
E. Knowledge of student development and higher education administration
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by March 19, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or email@example.com. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40129 - VCSS-AUX-Res Life & Housing
Posting Date: Mar 5, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Ray Fisco
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00002308