Education and Outreach Services Department Head
University of Colorado
Education and Outreach Services Department Head
Non-tenure track Senior Instructor
The Auraria Library is searching for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable leader to fill our Education and Outreach Services, Department Head position. The Department Head leads the Library's efforts in planning, implementing, and managing an active, comprehensive information literacy and outreach program that meets the educational needs of the campus. This position provides leadership for all issues related to the Library's educational role such as student learning, online education, first-year, transfer, and graduate student experience, curriculum planning, student learning assessment, and instructor development.
Leadership in Instruction and Outreach
- Supervises and leads a team of librarians responsible for implementing instructional services and outreach, including workload distribution, goal setting, performance evaluation, teaching observations, and professional development.
- Builds and implements a programmatic instruction plan for both undergraduate and graduate programs, including face-to-face and virtual modes of delivery.
- Builds on existing campus outreach activities, including student, faculty, and staff orientations, campus-wide events, and events promoting library services and resources.
- Leads the coordination with campus partners to integrate instructional services throughout campus programs.
- Oversees creation, implementation, marketing, and assessment of digital learning objects to support educational needs.
- Identifies instructional opportunities for incorporating Special Collections materials within the campus curriculum.
- Conceptualizes and oversees web content regarding education and outreach.
- Plans and implements training and professional development opportunities for librarians on all aspects of library instruction, including theory, pedagogy, best practices, and available resources.
- Recommends acquisition of tools/resources (e.g., software/hardware) to support education and outreach and coordinates necessary training of those tools/resources.
Liaison Responsibilities and Organizational Leadership
- Serves on/collaborates with campus curriculum and instruction committees, FYE offices, educational technology offices, and related campus departments/units and on Library committees and task forces.
- Liaises with campus Faculty Development Centers and other campus and external partners to create programming and services to support the teaching missions of the three institutions.
- Coordinates with Library's Researcher Support Services Department to create programmatic outreach to the academic departments and student services offices.
Leadership in Research Help Services
- Oversees the Library's research help services, including methods of offering service, staffing and hours of operation.
Start Date: Flexible, Spring or Summer 2018.
- Master's degree in Library or Information Science, or equivalent advanced degree.
- Experience leading an instruction program in an academic or research library.
- Supervisory experience in an academic or research library.
- Additional advanced degree in a discipline.
- Experience employing quantitative and/or qualitative research methodologies for programmatic student learning assessment.
- Experience capitalizing on growth opportunities.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $70,000-$75,000 commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12816
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:This position is open until filled. For full consideration, apply by March 25, 2018. Applications received after March 25, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30124 - AVC-OARS Library
Posting Date: Mar 5, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Alex Matthews
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00350239