Florida Polytechnic University, started as a university of engineering and technology, is designed to be different so that graduates possess the talent and job-ready skills to stand out from the crowd. While other top engineering schools in Florida have centers of innovation, Florida Poly was established on April 20, 2012, as a wholly innovative university dedicated to the principle that innovation occurs when research and creativity are applied to real-world challenges. Florida’s only public university for engineering and technology dedicated to science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) was created to be both a rigorous academic institution and a powerful resource for high-tech industries.
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged.
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information.
The position of Assistant Registrar is a management position, a primary professional subordinate to the University Registrar, and primary back up for transfer responsibilities. The person in this position will research, plan, coordinate, implement, direct, manage, and communicate all matters concerning degree progress, graduation, and commencement for the Registrar’s Office. This position will develop and deliver training for front line staff and student employees regarding administrative processes and systems used in supporting students. This position will represent the University Registrar/Registrar’s Office on various campus committees and will support the University Registrar with complaints and room scheduling for courses, exams, and events
- Manage all office functions regarding degree assessment including the computerized degree audit system and all of its components, graduation audit communications, and the posting and reporting of degrees conferred.
- Collaborate with the University Registrar for the commencement ceremony.
- Lead and manage commencement obligations assigned to the Registrar’s Office.
- Provide ad-hoc academic support and advising that fosters the development and educational goals of students and encourages them towards successful degree completion.
- Make exceptions where necessary and possible, applying appropriate rules and regulations with regard to a student’s completion of degree requirements, including transfer credit.
- Works cooperatively and directly with academic departments to ensure that curricular requirements are being accurately interpreted and assessed.
- Supports Academic Success Center (ASC) and student advising.
- Communicate and coordinate with the ASC for trainings on academic advising for changes or FAQ’s received.
- Ensure students’ degree plans are up-to-date so the ASC can accurately advise on an expected graduation date and important information, such as missing paperwork or requirement.
- Providing data to the ASC so Coaches can identify students with poor academic performance, take appropriate action, and address the issue/concern with the student.
- Providing up-to-date and relevant academic guidance via phone, text messaging, chat software, email, other technology, or in person to ensure high student satisfaction and retention.
- Establish effective relationships and meet with campus employees at their locations to coordinate with, train, and discuss departmental concern in order to improve Registrar’s Office services.
- Assist with the process of room scheduling for courses, exams, and events using EMS.
- Front-line triage for complaints or issues and able to resolve problems quickly and present multiple options in a professional and friendly manner.
- Primary backup for transfer related items, such as the review of domestic and international transcripts, entering transfer credit into the system, and answering questions regarding applicability.
- Utilize Microsoft Office Suite to organize projects and priorities, communicate, manipulate and analyze data, and present information as needed.
- Provides assistance on special projects and duties as assigned by University Registrar.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of and ability to operate in accordance with Federal, State and local laws and guidelines, including FERPA regulations, Florida State BOG Regulations, and Florida Polytechnic University rules and policies.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in the utmost professional manner.
- Ability to learn new systems and technology.
- Knowledge and ability to review domestic and international transcripts and apply transfer credit appropriately.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with excellent customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage difficult situations and create win-win situations.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to discuss policies at the Federal, State, and University levels appropriately and accurately with students, parents, alumni, academic departments, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to train staff for maintaining service standards focused on front-line customer service operations.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and 3 years of directly related professional work experience or an Associate’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and 5 years of directly related professional work experience.
- Direct work experience with the maintenance of a computerized degree evaluation system.
- Work experience in reviewing domestic and international transcripts.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is salary exempt. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $55,000 - $58,250, commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.