Professional Practice Instructor - USU Eastern Price Campus
Open Date: 02/26/2018
Review Date: 03/28/2018
Job Category: Faculty
Department: Nursing & Health Professions
College/Unit: E Eccles Jones Coll of Ed & Hum Svs
Location: USU Eastern Price Campus
Posting Duration: Open Until Filled
USU Eastern (at the Price, Utah Campus) seeks an enthusiastic faculty member for our Surgical Technology Program. This is a full-time, nine-month, academic year professional position reporting primarily to the Director of Health Professions programs and secondarily to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Career and Technical Education programs.
- The primary responsibility will be to teach surgical technology courses.
- Educator delivers class and/or clinical instructions according to an approved curriculum using accepted and effective teaching methods.
- Educator will be expected to develop daily lesson plans, provide academic advising, participate in department training, attend meetings, and engage in campus and community service.
- Teach both theoretical and practical learning experiences.
- Direct, guide and evaluate student performance in a laboratory setting.
- The typical teaching load is four courses each semester (fall and spring).
- Will assist Director of Health Professions in seeking and securing accreditation.
USU Eastern is a comprehensive regional college (community college mission plus selected baccalaureate and graduate degrees) in the USU system. The town of Price is a small, safe, and diverse community in the high plateau region of Eastern, Utah. A drive of an hour or more north leads to the cities of the Wasatch front, SLC International Airport, and some of the best ski resorts and mountain scenery in the country. A similar drive to the south leads to Utah's famous national parks and access to some of the best outdoor recreational resources in the American West.
Surgical technicians assist surgeons and other medical professionals in hospital operating rooms and similar environments. Chiefly, they prepare patients, rooms and equipment for pending surgical procedures. They also assist during those procedures as part of a team of operating room professionals.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) forecasts a 15% increase in the employment of surgical technologists from 2014-2024 (www.bls.gov). The projected increase is partially attributed to a growing elderly population that is expected to require more surgical procedures in the coming years.
The average annual salary for surgical technologists was $45,940 in May 2016, according to BLS figures. Most of the surgical tech workforce found employment in general medical and surgical hospitals. Jobs for surgical technologists are expected to increase at a faster than average rate through 2024, and salaries averaged nearly $46,000 in 2017.
- CST or CST/CSFA awarded by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- Associates of Science Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience as a Surgical Technologist.
- Clinical experience in a hospital or surgical center and/or Surgical Technologist instructional experience within the last three years.
- Must meet all regulatory and accreditation qualifications.
- Computer proficiency including knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Current CPR card and driver's license.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a health sciences or related health sciences field of study from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated training in educational methods, testing and evaluation with evidence strength in instructional methodology, delivery, and pedagogical techniques.
- Prior teaching experience, especially in a technology-augmented classroom.
Opportunity Type: Full-Time w/benefits package
Percent of Time or Hours per Week: 100%
Advertised Salary: Commensurate upon experience, plus excellent benefits
See http://usu.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=3237 for more information and to apply online.
Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Utah State University is an AA/EO Employer and encourages gender and ethnic diversity.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kh9dqp4b5kw7j96n