Nursing Faculty - Grad Health Care Admin (F676)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Nursing Faculty, Health Care Administration and Leadership
Position Tracking Number: F676
School/College: School of Nursing
Department: Graduate Program
Location: Azusa Campus
Description: The School of Nursing invites applications for full-time faculty positions in our Health Care Administration and Leadership Program. The faculty member would provide didactic, online instruction and practicum mentoring of leadership students in clinical settings. We are looking for a candidate who has knowledge and/or experience of Masters in Nursing Administration and Leadership curricula that align with CCNE, AONE, and ANCC criteria for Nursing Administration Practice. Must have a serious commitment to the professional development of graduate nursing students nursing administration practice, and leadership.
Successful candidates will offer the following:
- A commitment to excellence in teaching, clinical practice, and research
- Awareness of healthcare dynamics and changing nursing roles
- Active engagement in Curriculum and Program development
- Desire and ability to maintain an active research program
- Enthusiastic advising /mentoring of students in coursework, research, and professional practice
- Participate in program review and accreditation reporting
- Participate in faculty governance
- Generate creative ways of teaching and supporting learners
- Skilled in utilizing a variety of teaching methods
- Model a passion for learning and excellence in classroom and clinical settings
- Assist students to achieve competence in leading organizations
Specialization: Leadership in the management and operations of healthcare systems
Responsibilities: This position will develop and teach graduate courses and contribute to teaching and scholarship. Applicants should include evidence of high-quality teaching and also show potential for active research. May be needed to work at alternative Regional Campuses or Sites.
Level: Assistant/Associate Professor
- Earned doctorate from accredited university in Nursing or closely related discipline. May consider masters with extensive nursing and teaching experience.
- Active California Registered Nurse license or eligible to acquire
- Nurse leaders with experience in the administration of hospital and/or community healthcare systems. and those with an interest in Spirituality and Health are strongly encouraged to apply
- Excellent communication skills, team-building, self-motivation and initiative are expected.
- National Certification in informatics nursing and/or nursing administration is recommended but not required.
Experience: Professional expertise and experience commensurate with specific position requirements.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.