Public Health Faculty - Program Director (F668)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Public Health Faculty - Program Director
Position Tracking Number: F668
School/College: School of Nursing
Department: Masters in Public Health
Location: Monrovia Regional Site
Description: The School of Nursing invites applications for full-time position with administrative responsibilities to lead Public Health program.
Successful candidates will offer the following:
- A commitment to excellence in teaching and research
- Administrative/Leadership skills appropriate to leading nursing education programs
- Ability to develop and evaluate new and existing programs
- Willingness to engage in recruitment of faculty and students
- Active engagement in Curriculum and Program development
- Desire and ability to maintain an active research program and scholarly activities
- Enthusiastic mentoring of faculty
- Participate in faculty and program governance
- Ability to manage budgets
- Generate creative ways of teaching and supporting learners
Specialization: Public Health
- May be needed to work at alternative Regional Campuses or Sites.
Level: Assistant Professor
Qualifications: DrPH, Ph.D.,Ed.D. In Health Education, Health Promotion, Public Health, Community Health or related field.
Experience: Ability to teach in a higher education setting; evidence of research or other scholarly activity; and evidence of involvement in professional service.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.