Coordinator for Student Activities- Marietta Campus
Performs a variety of professional and administrative duties in support of the day-to-day operations of a function, program, and/or dept.
The Coordinator for Student Activities- Marietta Campus position serves as a full time professional coordinating student programs and events serving students at the Marietta campus. This position includes responsibility for initiating, planning, implementing, and assessing innovative and impactful programs and experiences with primary foci on: student programming and events; student organizations; student organization leadership; and student groups engagement. This position is based on the Marietta campus and reports to the Associate Director of Student Activities- Marietta Campus. The full responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Develop and implement student programs that promote student involvement and contribute to a vibrant/active campus community.
- Serve as the primary advisor to the Marietta Activities Council student programming board and oversee the development and delivery of the boards programs.
- Coordinate programs serving all students based out of the Wilson Student Center.
- Collaborate with other offices and departments for the implementation of programs and events across campus, such as Welcome Week, Homecoming, Pumpkin Launch, Engineers Week, and others.
- Assist with the registered student organization process and support those organizations that are housed primarily on the Marietta campus
- Create and execute an assessment plan for Marietta based programming that connects to departmental and divisional goals
- Create marketing materials for departmental events and activities including managing online and social media content
- Apply theories that guide KSUs student involvement (e.g. Student Development Theory, Marginality and Mattering, Belongingness, etc.) to demonstrate learning and assess program effectiveness
- Build relationships with University partners to create experiences that intersect curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular learning for students
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Hiring Salary:$35,700
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related experience OR a High School diploma and 3 years of college coursework and 6 years of related experience OR High School diploma and 9 years.
Masters Degree in College Student Personnel or a related field from an accredited college or university and 2 years relevant work experience
- Experience with coordinating large-scale events, with a specific focus on events for college students
- Experience managing budgets and navigating financial protocols
- Experience advising student organizations, with a specific focus on programming boards