Coordinator - Catering Assistant Manager
Coordinator - Catering Assistant Manager
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
So you work in Food Service and you love the fast paced, every day is a new adventure atmosphere? Well, why not put your skills and enthusiasm to work at UVU and work in a great environment with great people!
The food services department at Utah Valley University seeks a Coordinator - Catering Services to assist in the management of all aspects of the Catering Department. The ideal candidate must be highly driven, maintain a positive attitude while working in a fast paced, results-focused organization. The Assistant Manager will coordinate the duties of the Catering office, which include hiring, training, scheduling, accounts payable, invoicing, inventory management, ordering, and special projects. Will work with clients and coordinate their event requests and ensure successful completion of the event from beginning to end. Assumes catering responsibilities in the absence of the catering manager.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in a directly related field of study or a combination of education and experience totaling four years.
ServSafe certification, valid driver’s license, and Utah food handler’s permit.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the food production field with an emphasis on safety and sanitation.
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping including accounts payable, invoicing and inventory management.
- Knowledge of food handling procedures, HACCP, safety, inventory management, and staff management.
- Knowledge of local Health Department requirements pertaining to sanitation and food safety.
- Skills in office methods and procedures.
- Skills with computer software applications MS Office Suite (Excel, Publisher, Word and Outlook).
- Strong organizational skills
- Skills in writing reports, evaluations, and standardized recipes.
- Skills in effectively presenting information and responding to questions from supervisors, co-workers, customers, and the general public.
- Skills in concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions including the calculation and interpretation of such things as food costs, labor cost and other food service reports.
- Skills in time management and task prioritization.Ability to supervise and train employees to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to interpret and act on a variety of instructions which may be furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise mature judgement.
- Must be able to lead and inspire staff.
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, take criticism, get along with co-workers and supervisors, treat co-workers, supervisors and staff and faculty/guests with respect and courtesy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written procedures and instructions.
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative duties with minimum or no supervision.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
Continual standing with frequent bending/stooping, twisting, reaching, pushing/pulling, walking, talking, hearing, seeing and fine hand manipulation.
Must be able to lift greater than 25 lbs.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $33,385 - $41,731
Advertisement Number: STA67318 Food Services Staff 03/19/2018
Open Date: 03/05/2018
Review Start Date: 03/11/2018
Close Date: 3/19/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the “Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date. Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/5740
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.