Sleep Medicine Director - Assistant / Associate / Full Professor
Open March 5th, 2018 through June 30th, 2018
The University of California, Irvine, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior is recruiting a faculty member at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level for its new Sleep Center. The successful candidate will be an M.D. who is certified in Sleep Medicine by the American Board of Medical Specialties with a record of academic achievement in clinical sleep research and clinical excellence in clinical sleep medicine. The appointment rank, dependent upon the qualifications of the candidate, may be a tenure-track Assistant or tenured Associate or Full Professor. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Requirements: Successful candidates must have an M.D. degree and a record of research, with scholarly activity and publications commensurate with experience. Candidates with extramural funding or submitted applications are especially sought. It is expected that the successful candidate will develop an extramurally funded clinical research program, as well as provide clinical services to patients with sleep disorders.
TO APPLY: Please log onto UC Irvine's RECRUIT located at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04507
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
- Cover letter-Please include a description of current research and future plans
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3-4 References
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity
- Statement of Teaching
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. A recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity, UCI is responsive to the needs of dual career couples, supports work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies, and is dedicated to broadening participation in higher education.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter - Please include a description of current research and future plans
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3-4 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now