Postdoctoral Scholar - Hunt Laboratory
Open March 6th, 2018 through June 30th, 2018
A postdoctoral scholar position is available in the Hunt laboratory at University of California Irvine. We are looking for an outstanding candidate interested in using in vitro and in vivo electrophysiology, optogenetics and "mini-camera" approaches to evaluate cell-based therapies for epilepsy and traumatic brain injury. Our work takes an interdisciplinary approach to study brain development and function, combining molecular, anatomical, electrophysiological, imaging and behavior methodologies. We primarily use mouse models and human induced pluripotent stem cells in our research. The lab is currently funded by multiple NIH and private foundation grants to support these projects. Candidates with an interest in epilepsy or traumatic brain injury are especially encouraged to apply.
Learn more about our research program at http://www.roberthuntlab.org
UC Irvine is a world-class research university with highly ranked research programs in neuroscience and biological sciences. Our Southern California location is home to one of the largest academic research and biotechnology hubs in the US. Lab members enjoy direct access to this outstanding community of neuroscientists and clinicians as well as the wide range of recreational activities available in our region.
Requirements: The successful candidate(s) will have a Ph.D. with established expertise in electrophysiology and/or modern imaging approaches as well as a desire to work independently within a collaborative team environment. Candidates with an interest in epilepsy or traumatic brain injury are especially encouraged to apply. Competitive applicants will have at least one high-quality, first-author publication.
To apply: Please visit the UC Irvine RECRUIT website located at:
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for 2-3 references
- Research Statement - describe prior experience, future goals, and address how you think you can contribute to the overall research direction of the Hunt laboratory.
To learn more about the position, feel free to email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement. (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
0-3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now