I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
Job Description Summary:
ColonialTemps is currently seeking a temporary Grants Administrator. The temporary Grants Administrator will provide overall grant support primarily focused on oversight of financial, programmatic, and administrative activities related to multi PI collaborative projects within the department.
• Oversees projects to ensure they are fiscally on track and all deliverables and contractual obligations are met.
• Provides guidance and interface with the university to expedite processes, troubleshoots issues, and facilitates activities when needed. Identifies areas for improvement to enhance research processes and develops training in collaboration with supervisors.
• Maintains familiarity with federal grant and contract regulations to ensure compliance with all federal and university requirements including the development and submission of Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocols, modifications and renewals; prepares and submits data use agreements; and develops and submits annual progress reports to the funding agency
• Oversees the daily management and coordination of the project including programming, budgeting, communications, ongoing strategic planning; and weekly, monthly, and annual meetings; serve as liaison to the advisory board.
• Serves as primary point of contact and facilitate connectivity between grant leadership and the various module leaders.
• Prepares and submits documents for various reviews and approval; respond to grant reporting requirements.
• Prepares budgets to meet all project needs and guidelines; ensures compliance of budget with institutional policies/procedures and sponsor regulations; writes budget justifications, prepares revised budgets and/or writes additional budget justifications/explanations; reviews budget with the co- principal investigator (Co-PI) and refine as necessary.
• Serves as primary liaison for all fiscal and administrative matters. Initiates corrective action, coordinates effort reporting, and prepares ad-hoc reports to evaluate requests.
• Manages all administrative activities for the projects including originating correspondence and communications with sponsor regarding funding, prior approvals, subcontractor budgets, analysis and projection of annual and long-term financial needs of projects, and ensuring daily operating financial needs of the projects.
• Reviews scope of work for annual renewal proposals and determines impact on relevant budgets oversees all communication and coordination with various constituents; and makes recommendations for process improvement.
• Maintains continual contact with the Co-PIs and/or Co-Investigators to advise on project related issues and to recommend courses of action; ensures compliance with Federal and sponsor regulations and terms of award; and oversees compliance with all institutional policies and guidelines for sponsored projects.
• Reviews requests for subcontractor changes with Co-PI and others; advises Co-PI and/or Co-Investigators on various issues regarding awards/projects; advises Co-PI regarding soliciting, awarding, and administering subcontractors; writes or supervises the writing of agreements and submits agreements for authorized signature.
• Writes RFPs for subcontracts; coordinates review process of bidders and evaluates business portion of bidders proposals; oversees administrative and financial aspects of subcontractor selection; and coordinates semi-annual subcontracting reports for contracts.
• Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 5 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study plus 3 years of relevant professional experience. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics (or other related field) plus 5 years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is required. A Master’s or Postdoctoral degree is preferred.
• Relevant professional experience should include: research administration including pre and post award, budgeting, finance, financial analysis and program management. Experience in program management in a university setting is preferred.
• Strong analytical and writing skills are required. Excellent communication, organizational, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in contemporary software applications is necessary. Experience with EAS/Oracle preferred.
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Human Resources Family Sub-Family Stream Level Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: Work Schedule: Position Designation: Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a temporary position housed in our Colonial Temps Internal Agency.Is this an internal posting? No Position Type: ColonialTemps Posting Number: T000011 Job Open Date: 02/22/2018 Job Close Date: Open Until Filled: No Applicant Review Will Commence On: 02/22/2018 Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Why are you interested in working in a temporary assignment at the George Washington University?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you interested in working Full-Time (40 hrs/wk) or Part-Time (less than 40 hrs/wk)?
- Open to both Part-Time and Full-Time
- * We have locations in: Alexandria, Arlington, Ashburn, Foggy Bottom, Mount Vernon, and Rockville. Please list your preferred work locations below.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the hourly rate you are looking to make? Please provide a range below.
(Open Ended Question)
- Please provide a brief professional bio below.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter