Business Intelligence Analyst
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Division of Information Technology (it.gwu.edu) is the chief provider of technology
infrastructure, services and applications at GW. The Division partners with stakeholders across GW to equip students, staff and faculty with the technology know-how and tools necessary to achieve academic excellence. Reporting to the Director of Service Management, the Business Intelligence Analyst works primarily within the Division's Service and Contract Management department and works closely with the Division's Business Intelligence department and other units as needed.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for the following duties:
• Use University's data warehouse for specific reporting projects involving IT service strategy, planning, management and operational needs. Coordinates with various stakeholders and user groups to gather and analyze requirements and promote the correct interpretation, visualization and use of data related to IT service reporting. Works with stakeholders to map reporting requirements into dashboards and reports while ensuring conformance to all enterprise standards.
• Provides leadership in coordinating various stakeholder groups to improve data quality across service management systems based on enterprise structure provided by appropriate Business Intelligence and Data Governance organizations.
• Act as a data steward with data governance responsibilities and approve data sharing agreements for service management data.
• Sets strategies and implements related activities to enhance data quality as data from multiple systems are consolidated. Promotes the creation and use of data management best practices within the service management systems.
• May participate in and supports activities of the University's data standards committee, recommends and documents standard definitions and formats; and disseminates data standards to service management teams
• Enhances professional knowledge and skills by attending conferences and advanced training in required areas of expertise
The position is based at GW's Virginia Science & Technology campus in Ashburn, VA but may require travel to the Foggy Bottom campus located in Washington, DC. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience in relational and dimensional data modeling and visualization
• Experience in a Business Intelligence (BI) environment
• Experience analyzing business needs and defining detailed business requirements
• Experience with IBM Cognos and Tableau and BI application delivery experience
• Hands on experience with agile BI development
• Strong analytical skills with special attention to detail in a multitasking environment Flexible and client service-oriented
• Experience in service management concepts and data modeling / visualization
• Experience in the higher-education field
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Ashburn, Virginia College/School/Department: Division of IT Family Information Technology Sub-Family IT Business Intelligence Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30 AM - 5:30 PM) Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007047 Job Open Date: 03/05/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Does the professional experience section of your resume include months?
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter