Appliance Technician, Team Lead
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Division of Operations, Facilities Maintenance is need of an experienced through trades-person to take on the role of a Appliance Technician, Team Lead position. The successful candidate will assist the Supervisor with day to day operations. The work schedule is Monday-Friday from 7:00 to 4:00 PM. The Team Lead will be a well-trained, highly organized professional who takes pride in their work and can perform various customer service duties as required throughout the day. The desired candidate can work a flexible schedule available for on-call duty and weekend work as needed. The Team Lead assists with a variety supervisory and administrative responsibilities. The position will report to the Shop Supervisor.
The Appliance Technician, Team Lead is responsible for:
• Installs and troubleshoots washers, dryers, ranges and other large appliances for university customers.
• Connects water or gas lines, and check for leaks once the appliances are installed.
• Provides customers guidance/instructions on how to operate the appliances properly.
• Replaces and repairs any defective components found in appliances
• Possess ability to dismantle and re-assemble appliances to diagnosis problems.
• Keeps organized records on appliance, prepares bills, prepares repair estimates, and maintains inventory and records.
• Shop Lead duties as required; including outage coverage.
• Oversees on the job training and education of Appliance Technicians. Ensuring materials and supplies are available for staff, such as tools, equipment, and replacement parts. Inspects and monitor work areas, examines tools and equipment, and provides employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules.
• Team Lead provides oversight and quality assurance to other personnel on work products, operations, including inspections. In the absence of the Supervisor the lead provides supervision formally. Assists the Shop Supervisor with preparation of weekly work schedules, prioritization and distribution of work including service calls and preventive maintenance.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 3 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications:
Ability to lift items that weight at least 40 pounds and possession of a valid driver's license.
Ability to physically perform job duties, including walking, climbing stairs, balancing, stooping, kneeling, bending, pushing or pulling of equipment and appliances.
Ability to work flexible work schedule
Ability to interact with a diverse population to include students, faculty, staff, and external contractors and vendors.
Ability to conduct him or herself in a professional manner and provide excellent customer service to external and internal customers.
Ability to utilize and manage work order tickets using AiM.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Operations Family Facilities & Campus Ops Sub-Family General Trades Stream Service and Support Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM - Monday thru Friday Position Designation: Designated On-Site: Employees who are required to physically report to work or remain at work during an emergency or adjustment to the university's operating status Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007048 Job Open Date: 03/05/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a valid drivers license?
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter