Director, Dental Hygiene Program
The Director of Dental Hygiene Department assumes responsibility for the ongoing management of the Dental Hygiene Department. This position assumes the leadership responsibilities relating to curriculum and faculty development and maintains professional affiliations with state and regional dental professionals. The director may carry a teaching load. Supervises dental hygiene faculty and staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a diverse range of individuals and groups.
- Analyze and solve problems.
- Adhere to and enforce college policies and procedures.
- Work as a team leader while fostering a cooperative work environment.
- Mentor faculty and students
- Use tact and diplomacy with individuals and groups
- Graduate of a CODA accredited dental hygiene or dental school.
- Master’s degree in Dental Hygiene or related field, or DDS, or DMD.
- Current licensure, or eligibility, to practice as a dental hygienist or dentist, including expanded functions, in Wyoming.
- Minimum of four years of clinical experience required.
- Minimum of four years of teaching experience required.
- Minimum of two years of academic leadership preferred.
- Current Immunizations and Healthcare Provider CPR Certification.
- Member of professional association, ADHA if RDH, ADA if DDS/DMD
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Person must be able to perform functions and responsibilities of a dental hygienist. This includes but is not limited to: eye-hand coordination, good eyesight, ability to move around the clinical sites easily.
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.37% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- 18 days paid annual leave
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- 16 paid holidays per year
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu