Assistant Director - Illinois Leadership Center (A1800143)
Illinois Leadership® Center
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Illinois Leadership Center is a highly successful partnership between Academic Affairs and Student Affairs at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, a premier public research university located in east-central Illinois. The Center serves as a focal point for student-oriented leadership initiatives on campus, bridging learning and development opportunities between academic curricula and student affairs programs and services. It has an established record of student involvement in academic leadership courses, workshops and conferences, educational programs, and consulting services. The Center's vision is to be an internationally acclaimed provider of leadership education, research and practical opportunities for students.
Primary Responsibilities of Position:
The Assistant Director serves as a member of the Illinois Leadership Center staff and reports to the Director of the Illinois Leadership Center. The Assistant Director designs, develops, and implements the Center's activities, programs, and services to meet the needs of students. The primary responsibilities of the Assistant Director are to coordinate the ILC Workshop Series and Registered Student Organization (RSO) consulting service, cultivate stewardship and alumni relations, in addition to coordinating marketing, branding, and outreach initiatives of the ILC. The Assistant Director also serves as liaison with other departments and university units.
• Coordinate the Leadership Center Workshop Series, CliftonStrengths presentations, and the ILC RSO Consulting Program; includes designing curriculum for the workshops.
• Oversee office marketing, branding, advertising, and outreach to increase the Center's recognition and reputation across campus and beyond.
• Support the Director and ILC staff members in creating positive experiences for alumni and volunteers participating in Leadership Center programs and events, including but not limited to Imprint small group facilitators, and alumni workshops.
• Assist Director with stewardship, fundraising, corporate partnerships, and grant funding when necessary.
• Oversee website and office technology; includes implementing updates, recommending improvements, and anticipating needs.
• Oversee the Student Advisory Council.
• Build and strengthen partnerships with campus units and departments to increase leadership education initiatives across campus.
• Manage budget responsibilities as it relates to marketing and multimedia needs, and stewardship projects.
• Serve as a member of the Illinois Leadership Coordinating Committee, serving on the Development Work Group.
• Advise and oversee student workers and student interns on project work related to Leadership Center activities including workshops, i-programs, marketing, outreach, etc.
• Support Leadership Center programs and special events when it is a priority for the Center (e.g., attending i-Programs, weekend programs or evening workshops when necessary).
• Master's degree.
• Three year's professional experience in student affairs, leadership education, and/or a related field.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and facilitate leadership programs or workshops.
• Previous experience marketing events, programs, or services.
• Experience advising or supervising students.
• Demonstrated ability to create positive working relationships with faculty, administrators, alumni, and external stakeholders.
• Understanding of and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Master's degree in leadership, organizational development, college student personnel, or related field.
• Experience managing budgets.
• Knowledge of web technologies and best practices and use of online databases.
Appointment Type: Regular twelve month, 100% academic professional appointment.
Salary Range and Starting Date: Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Anticipated starting date is June 16, 2018.
Application: To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and three references by March 19, 2018.
This position is a security sensitive position. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
In employment, as in education, the University of Illinois is committed to Equal Opportunity and World Class Diversity.
For more information about the Illinois Leadership Center, see http://www.illinoisleadership.illinois.edu
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Illinois Leadership Center
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Director - Illinois Leadership Center (A1800143)
Open Date: 03/05/2018
Close Date: 03/19/2018
Organization Name: Illinois Leadership Center