International Recruitment Coordinator - Office of Undergraduate Admissions (A1800144)
International Recruitment Coordinator
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for an International Recruitment Coordinator in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. The International Recruitment Coordinator will oversee international recruitment for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, which includes international travel, communication with international students, and developing recruitment strategies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an international recruitment and yield strategy plan annually within the confines of set budget.
- Travel overseas 1-2 times per year.
- Serve as a resource and contact for colleges and departments, ISSS, and others with questions about international recruitment.
- Understanding procedures and policies surrounding I-20s, DS2019s, visas and citizenship and residency assignments are followed.
- Represent the Illinois undergraduate admissions office in assigned domestic and/or international regions, and create and implement recruitment and outreach plans for those areas.
- Manage a primary recruitment territory and develop comprehensive plans for travel and outreach based on the Illinois strategy of recruiting a highly diverse and talented applicant pool.
- Counsel, provide information and advice about Illinois generally, and about its admissions procedures specifically, to prospective students, applicants, their parents and secondary school counselors in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner.
- Reach out and encourage prospective students to explore and eventually matriculate at Illinois through staffing on-campus programs, scheduling personal visits to secondary schools, attending college fair programs, and engaging in correspondence, email, and/or telephone contact.
- Read and evaluate admissions applications; apply discretion and independent judgment in evaluating and comparing applications and gathering information in preparation for admission consideration; and make admissions decisions based on campus enrollment goals; chair a review committee as assigned.
- Analyze data to inform decisions on international recruitment.
- Collaborate with the communication staff to establish campaigns specifically for international populations.
- Responsible for updating information on admissions website pertaining to international issues.
- Assist with hiring, training, and mentoring new staff hires.
- Serve on professional development committees, and present at both regional and national conferences.
- Represent the Director at meetings and other events as requested, particularly those focused on international issues.
- May assist with domestic recruitment assignments, events, and on-campus presentations.
Required education, experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two or more years of relevant experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Dynamic personality.
- High-quality customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel to domestic and international locations.
- Ability to maintain strong work ethic and handle high volume of work, execute projects simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Understanding and commitment to affirmative action in educational access and employment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Banner, and Slate systems.
- Must be available to work evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to lift and move heavy boxes of materials.
- Valid drivers license and passport.
Preferred education, experience and qualifications:
- Master's degree.
- Direct experience with international recruitment and outreach efforts at the undergraduate level.
- Experience living or working outside of the United States.
- International travel or residence experience.
- Experience working with international students.
- Fluency in a second language.
This position is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position and salary is commensurate with experience. To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu/ and upload your letter of application, resume, and a list of three professional references, including contact information by March 21, 2018. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date, although no hiring decisions will be made until after the search has closed. The preferred start date for this position is as soon as possible after the close of the search. For further information about this position, please contact Jennifer Steiling at 217-300-2734.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon accepting a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Title: International Recruitment Coordinator - Office of Undergraduate Admissions (A1800144)
Open Date: 03/05/2018
Close Date: 03/21/2018
Organization Name: Undergraduate Admissions