Graduate Assistant - Fitness (Summer 2018)
Graduate Assistant - Fitness (Summer 2018)
Position Number: 53069001
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 03/23/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant in Fitness. The position of Graduate Assistant, Fitness for the Department of Recreational Sports is under the direct supervision of the Coordinator, Facilities on the Dahlonega campus. The Graduate Assistant plans, organizes, and administers fitness programs including, but not limited to group exercise classes, personal training, and fitness and wellness related events.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Grad Assistant will:
- Supervise group exercise instructors and personal trainers to include hiring, training, scheduling and evaluation.
- Supervise and coordinate the UNG Recreational Sports personal training program. This includes marketing the program, scheduling assessments and sessions for clients and trainers, managing payments.
- Create, manage, and assess a comprehensive schedule of fitness and wellness programs to include the implementation of semester long group exercise schedules and special fitness/wellness events.
- Be responsible for providing excellent customer service experiences to all patrons by aiding in staff trainings and managing the front office desk for professional staff and the department.
- Seek out partnerships within the Division of Student Affairs and Academic Affairs to promote fitness and wellness initiatives and programs.
- Be responsible for management of fitness equipment and recommendations for equipment to replace or to purchase.
- Assist the Coordinator, Facilities with supervision of the UNG Rec Center and facilities staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of operations of a recreational sports department
- Experience working within a student recreation center and managing students
- Experience teaching and coordinating a group exercise schedule
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; select, train, and supervise student employees
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Undergraduate experience in campus recreation
- CPR & First Aid preferred; ACE,AFAA/NASM, and/or ACSM personal training and/or group exercise certification preferred; Experience working with small group trainings preferred.
Anticipated Hire Date: 07/09/2018
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.