TRAVEL AND EXPENSE AUDITOR
JOB NO.: 93676-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: BUS SVC/ACCOUNTING
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 93676-AS
Working Title: Travel and Expense Auditor
Official Title: AUDITOR(R17DN) or ASSOC AUDITOR(R17FN)
Hiring Department: A030500-BUSINESS SERVICES/ACCOUNTING
Anticipated Begin Date: APRIL 15, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
ANNUAL (12 months)
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1. Knowledge of auditing and training.
2. Knowledge of multiple funding sources.
3. Knowledge and application of accounting reconciliation procedures.
4. Familiarity with enterprise accounting systems, policies, procedures, and terminology; UW knowledge a plus.
5. Knowledge of the development and maintenance of financial data record keeping systems.
6. Familiarity working in a data warehouse environment to extract, manipulate, and analyze data. Knowledge of the WISDM web-based reporting tool for the UW Shared Financial General Ledger System a plus. Capable of performing inquiries in the system.
7. Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
8. Excellent organizational skills.
9. Ability to manage multiple tasks and to handle pressure.
10. Ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative working relationships with the cross-section of senior, peer, and other colleagues across UW-System, and potentially, with other agency personnel.
11. Ability to interpret applicable rules and regulations.
12. Ability to review, analyze, and make recommendations to management.
13. Ability to understand and follow complex written and oral instructions.
14. Demonstrated problem-solving ability.
15. Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
16. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
17. Advanced skills using Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables, vlookup).
License or certificate:
Under the general supervision of the Travel and Card Manager, this position is a critical contributor to ensuring travel and credit card use compliance with UW-Madison, UW-System, and Department of Administration (DOA) policies and procedures, contributing to effective financial internal controls related to these important financial activities at the University. This position works with purchasing card site managers, departments, divisions, and cardholders after initial set-up of their card programs to assure they have adequate processes and internal controls in place. This position works closely with the UW-Madison Purchasing Card Manager and the UW-Madison Expense Reimbursement Manager and provides back-up and support on projects.
Instructions to applicants:
To begin the application process, click the "Apply Now" button.
Please upload a cover letter referring to your related work experience and a resume detailing your educational and professional background. In these materials, please describe your experience with purchasing card, travel, or expense report audits, financial data analysis, Microsoft Office Suite, State or University travel and credit card expense reporting policies and procedures, and your communication skills.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Mar 5 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Apr 2 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time