Part-Time Spring & Summer Painters
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College, a two-year college located approximately 30 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 30 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore is seeking 5 Seasonal Part-Time Painters for the upcoming Spring and Summer.
The Part-time Painters will report directly to the Director of Buildings & Grounds and are responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
1. Carefully applying paint, varnish, enamel, and other finishes using spray gun, rollers, and brushes as indicated.
2. Preparing surfaces for painting, including, but not limited to, removing old paint, smoothing surfaces, and filling holes, cracks & joints.
3. Preparing area for painting, such as moving or covering furniture/fixtures, laying down drop cloths, and taping.
4. Regular and preventative maintenance of college painting equipment
5. Compliance with college quality standards and goal completion times
6. Practice and maintain the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with students and fellow employees.
1. Minimum of high school diploma or GED
2. Knowledge of painting techniques and methods
3. Valid Driver’s License and dependable transportation
One (1) year related work experience.
5 Openings for Painters (May 29th – August 24th)
Expected to work 28-40 hours per week.
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Ability to work in a very fast paced environment.
2. Ability to do heavy manual labor and lift in excess of 15 lbs.
3. Work off step ladders.
4. Possible prolonged standing, kneeling, and squatting.
Posting Number 20110648
Job Category Staff
Reference Request Details
Accept References Yes
Minimum Requests 3
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Inside Higher Ed
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- MI Talent
- MCCA Website
- The Ladders
- Indiana Career Connect
- Employee Referral
- SMC Website
- SMC Job Alert Email