MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
Duties: Reporting to the Managing Director, the Marketing and Communications Director will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing and communication strategies to promote the Center's authority in the global market place. This individual will work closely with the Managing Director of the Center to realign objectives and strategies, which will drive marketing and communication initiatives to be deployed across internal and external media platforms. Primary responsibilities include identifying short/long term objectives & strategies, multi-media content creation, development and management for traditional and social media platforms, authoring publications (e.g. newsletters and news briefs) managing and overseeing branding protocol for advertising, printed materials and collateral support for events and meetings, working with cross-functional teams to drive communication and public relations requirements. The incumbent will have a dotted line report to Wharton's Chief Communications and Marketing Officer.
Qualifications: A Master's Degree or more and 7 years to 10 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
* Higher education experience a plus.
* Knowledge of social media and communications platforms.
* Ability to function with a high degree of independence and to act very collaboratively in development and execution of marketing and communications strategies.
* Strong competency with standard software applications, and ability to learn new software.
* Strong communication skills both written and oral.
* Preferably knowledge of the retail industry and/or a strong interest in the field.
* Excellent planning, organizational skills; attention to details.
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously and creatively, thoroughly, and confidentially; work independently under pressure.
Reference Number: 07-28108
Salary Grade: 029
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Baker Retailing Initiative
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration