Duties: The mission of the Major Gifts Program is to raise major gifts ($250K - $5 million+) for University priorities, with a focus on the undergraduate schools: Nursing, the School of Arts and Sciences, the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences and Wharton. In addition, the program is charged with identifying and developing new major gift prospects and volunteer leadership for the Schools, Centers and University. Prospects assigned to the Major Gifts Program are largely comprised of undergraduate alumni, but also include parents of current undergraduate students.
Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Major Gifts, the Administrative Assistant provides primary administrative support for on-campus staff members of the Major Gifts Program. The Administrative Assistant is intimately involved with most aspects of the day-to-day operation of this program. Under limited supervision, exercise judgment, initiative and analysis in carrying out duties. Handle complex and highly confidential materials. In collaboration with the other administrative assistant on campus, the person in this position is responsible for maintaining records and reports and for ensuring that all office policies and procedures are carried out in a professional and efficient manner.
* Order and organize office supplies and materials
* Respond to inquiries that require interpretation of office/departmental policies & procedures
* Word processing - create, generate, and maintain: correspondence/memos/lists/ labels/mail merges/spreadsheets/event invitations
* Submit financial reimbursement forms and reconcile travel expenses
* Assist MGOs with administrative portion of gift closure: include production of Gift Agreements, track Gift Agreements, process gift transmittals and distribute gift details to all applicable parties
* Maintain and organize office files; create new systems as needed
* Compose routine correspondence and memos and proofread documents
* Assist the Coordinator with scheduling and executing regular monthly and quarterly meetings; assist with scheduling group meetings across campus
* Assist the Coordinator in keeping all team members informed of DAR and University wide happenings
* Handle and distribute internal and external office mail
* Proficiency in using all aspects of copier, scanner and other office equipment
* Coordinate travel arrangements, as appropriate
* Run reports and request reports from the DAR reports office. Reports include prospects in a region, gift information, invitation lists and other development-related reports.
* Conduct basic prospect research proactively and upon request
* Assist in preparation of briefing materials for Major Gift Officers and senior University members
* Proficiency with University's constituency database for inputting and generating reports
* Serve as constituency database 'expert' and assist MGOs in using the system according to business procedures and confidentiality agreement
* Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, databases, and other standard packages
* Familiarity with navigating the Internet
* Events - Assist MGOs execute cultivation/stewardship events. Plan and suggest ideas for events/prepare invitation list/create invitations/manage printing of invitations/arrange and confirm venue and caterer/mail invitation/create biographical information on attendees/manage acknowledgement of speakers, guests and hosts/facilitate follow up
* Provide last-minute administrative support as needed
Qualifications: Completion of High School Curriculum and related high school training or equivalent; BA/BS preferred. 1-3 years administrative and/or clerical experience in related setting. Higher education may substitute for experience and vice versa to accomplish the requirements. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and technical skills. Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of office procedures, practices and methods. Ability to work independently, prioritize competing tasks and pay close attention to details. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize workload, and manage up. Willingness to learn and apply new technologies as needed. High level of computing skills necessary, including Word, e-mail, Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft packages.
Reference Number: 90-28095
Salary Grade: 023
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: Major Gifts Program
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative