EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Position #: 1800028
Cover Letter, Resume/CV
CLASSIFIED EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
ITSS (Information Technology Support Services)
First Review Date:
$65,814 - $80,239 Annual Salary (Range 110: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2016-2017). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes District paid medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, sick leave and 18 paid holidays.
The Executive Administrative Assistant reports to the Vice Chancellor, Information Technology & Institutional Effectiveness at the District Office. The work schedule is 12 months per year; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position is responsible for managing and coordinating the administrative functions within the office of the assigned Executive. Incumbents perform a variety of complex administrative duties for the assigned executive or administrative management staff; assist in the administration of office functions, and provide information and assistance to all levels of administration, faculty, staff, students, vendors, and the public.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a liaison with all levels of administration, faculty, staff, students, vendors and the public. Work with all constituent groups and ensure the implementation of the vision for the District.
- Screen office and telephone calls; respond to sensitive complaints and requests for information from the general public, students, faculty and staff; resolve concerns and complaints; refer inquiries as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain a variety of confidential files and records; research and gather information for special reports.
- Maintain calendars of department activities, meetings and various events; make reservations for conferences and other events; coordinate travel arrangements for department staff as needed.
- Perform paraprofessional support work as assigned; research questions pertaining to policies and procedures.
- Perform a variety of administrative and clerical support functions; receive, review and initiate the processing of vendor contracts; submit appropriate paperwork and follow-up as necessary.
- Perform confidential administrative assistant functions for assigned office activities; independently prepare correspondence; respond to letters and general correspondence of a routine nature; prepare reports and graphic materials as assigned.
- Receive and process agreements; edit and maintain agreements; monitor expiration dates, inform appropriate executive staff.
- Compile Board meeting material; ensure all information is assembled and properly filed; route to Chancellor's Office by assigned deadline.
- Provide staff support on a variety of boards and committees; prepare agendas and other material; prepare minutes and distribute.
- Maintain department budget and monitor expenditures, and prepare department related purchase requisitions, budget transfers, journal entries, process credit card statements, invoices, etc.
- Open, sort and distribute mail; identify priority items.
- Order and maintain adequate supplies as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Principles of business letter writing.
- Advanced principles and procedures of record keeping and reporting.
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Basic mathematical principles.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Training, planning and directing work.
- Perform routine secretarial work involving the use of district procedures and processes.
- Take meeting notes effectively and independently.
- Demonstrate superior public service skills.
- Interpret and apply administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
- Operate a variety of office machines including computer devices.
- Use computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Ellucian, SharePoint effectively.
- Maintain confidential and administrative records and files.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Special Licenses, Certificates, etc.:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized secretarial training and/or college level course work.
2. Three years of increasingly responsible administrative secretarial experience.
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve ;and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
4. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
1. Typical office environment.
1. Essential and other important functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time.
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District:
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District's emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse classified staff consisting of 41% Hispanic/Latino, 26% Asian/Pacific Islander, 5% Black/African American, 1% American Indian/Native American, 22% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
Human Resources/Employment Services, 40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113, (408) 270-6414.
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Info:
Interested applicants MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the closing date to be considered for the position (Posting at: https://sjeccd.hiretouch.com. Click "APPLY"):
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER (Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
3. RESUME, and
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) - NOT DIPLOMAS - (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees (having confer/award dates) or courses. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered. If foreign degrees, must submit Equivalency Certification (See #6 of the Instruction Section below).
If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc.; then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application at the later part of the application process.
For assistance, contact:
Office of Human Resources, Employment Services
40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 270-6414 Fax: (408) 239-8818
Web site @ https://jobs.sjeccd.edu. or www.sjeccd.edu.
To learn more about us and all our open positions, visit: http://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/human-resources/employment-opportunities