Learning Lab, Technology Resource Coordinator
Date: March 5, 2018
Title: Learning Lab, Technology Resource Coordinator
Description: Under the supervision of the Chair of the Nursing Department and the Director of Simulation, the Learning Lab/Technology Resource Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the Department of Nursing's learning lab as an optimal learning environment. Additionally the Coordinator assists the nursing faculty with the direction and validation of nursing students' clinical skills, the review of learning resource materials, and assisting nursing students in their preparation for clinical experiences. The Coordinator is responsible for the academic advising to assigned students, facilitation of classroom/clinical/laboratory learning experiences as needed per 10-month period, assisting to students and faculty with distance learning and simulation technology needs, and provides oversight to student employees. This position also entails communication between other college departments, vendors, agencies, consultants, and others as indicated.
- Works in conjunction with work-study students and/or faculty to prepare the lab for lab related activities such as, skills practice, simulations, videotaping, certifications, and learning experiences.
- Works in conjunction with work study students to assist students with clinical preparation, videotaping, and skills validation in the lab during open hours throughout the week
- Assist with distance learning and curricular technology needs of students and faculty
- Administration of the nursing lab including, but not limited to purchasing, supervising student employees, monitoring resources, and conducting annual inventory of equipment and supplies
- Serving as faculty for laboratory and clinical courses as needed
- Provide academic advising to assigned students (available 2 hours per week) during the regular academic year; meet with prospective students (post-secondary students, internal and external transfers) as necessary; assist the Chair in the review of transcripts of transfer students
- Comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local and associational regulations
- As a representative of the College, expected to comport him/herself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus.
- Participate in major campus events, including Commencement Weekend
- Perform other job related duties
- Maintain good customer service standards
- Minimum requirements for this position are a Registered Professional Nurse with a Bachelor's Degree in nursing (Master's Degree preferred) from an accredited college or university, with 3-5 years of clinical nursing experience.
- Current license as Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York, and current certification in Basic Life Support is required.
- Individuals without an earned Master's Degree in nursing will be encouraged to demonstrate progress towards degree completion.
- Must have demonstrated organizational and communication skills including the ability to work collaboratively with students and faculty.
- Current knowledge of the rules and regulations of the New York State Department's of Health and Education is required.
- Position requires computer proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc), knowledge of AV equipment, curriculum, and simulation technology.
- Knowledge of D2L and other computer applications is important.
- Experience working in an academic environment or with nursing students is a plus.
Hartwick College Information:
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,400 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority, and seeks to recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce.
Located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, NY, near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains, the College features a Liberal Arts in Practice curriculum and aspires to "be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning."
Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression. Hartwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening “the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community.” Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Hartwick College is committed to providing a safe and secure educational environment. Employment at Hartwick College is therefore contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.
Hartwick College is committed to a diverse candidate pool, values an inclusive workforce and workplace environment, and wishes to minimize or eliminate the impact of implicit bias during the search and hiring process. To apply, please submit two single pdf copies of your application materials. One of these copies should have any and all reference to your name redacted. The other copy should leave any reference to your name intact. Both copies should be inclusive of the content below.
- cover letter
- Diversity Statement – a statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/)
- and the names and contact information for three references (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor)
All materials should be sent electronically to Jarvis McCowin, Coordinator of Inclusion, at firstname.lastname@example.org with [Position Title] in the subject line. Applications may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820 or faxed to 607-431-4329. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To see an example of a redacted resume, please visit the following (https://www.hartwick.edu/about-us/employment/human-resources/employment-opportunities/staff-positions/redacted-staff/).