Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant II
Posting Number: 201301288P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours, overtime may be necessary based on business needs.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 03/02/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Under general supervision provides administrative support to fulfill objectives of a large department, unit, or school and serves as the primary point of contact for assigned unit.
For positions supporting academic units, additional responsibilities may be assigned specific to serving and supporting faculty and students.
The essential functions listed below are intended to identify those generally assigned, the position may perform many but not all, in addition, other responsibilities may be assigned that are unit specific and based on business need.
1. Performs administrative duties for a unit, school or department using working knowledge of the unit’s policies, procedures and practices.
2. Composes and prepares letters, correspondence, special reports, technical papers, presentations and e-mail using standard software applications and in a form consistent with standard business practice. Takes meeting minutes for review and/or distribution.
3. Schedules and/or arranges meetings, travel, lodging for unit personnel or visitors. Ensures reimbursements are made when appropriate.
4. Provides budget and accounting support:
5. Monitors office equipment, facilities and duplicating services ensuring all are operational and have no need of repair. Orders unit’s supplies, repair of equipment and facilities when needed or requested.
6. Responds to unit personnel on general inquiries and provides information to those the unit serves.
7. Provides oversight and direction to student employees:
8. Maintains a variety of department records both electronically and manually including but not limited to class enrollments, student records and areas of compliance.
9. Coordinates unit’s calendar of events and ensures unit personnel are updated with current University information.
10. Organizes and/or assists with the coordination of unit events as assigned to include but not limited to:
11. Provides technical support to others within office on University supported software applications and may support the update and maintenance of web-site.
12. Recommends new procedures for streamlining administrative duties or office functions.
13. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Academic Unit Support: functions preformed primarily in academic units.
14. Class scheduling-Perform Banner input of course schedules including all revisions, additions, and/or changes to schedule. Provides recommendation on class room assignments due to instructional needs or class size. Monitors enrollment and advises chair of issues as they arise.
15. Provides assistance to students by:
16. Provides assistance to faculty by:
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties require constant sitting and repetitive motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Frequent walking, standing and simple grasping. Occasional climbing stairs, walking across campus, stooping and reaching. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. May be required to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment. Work performed during standard business hours, overtime may be necessary based on business needs.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Min $15.29 per hour to Mid $19.81 per hour, non-exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11673
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.