Golden West College
Salary: $60,620.00 - $112,446.00 Annually
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cccd/jobs/2001857/instructor-esthetician?keywords=Instructor%2C%20Esthetician&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Golden West College is currently seeking a full-time tenure track Esthetician Instructor commencing with the 2018 fall semester. The primary teaching assignment involves instruction in any of the two (2) levels of esthetician courses. This assignment also includes curriculum and program development, participation in department, division, college committees, and participatory governance activities assuming leadership roles both within the department and in the institution as a whole; collaboration across disciplines and the leveraging of student support resources; and participation in ongoing professional development.
The assignment may be day, evening, weekend, online or off campus and is subject to change as needed. The ideal candidate for this position embraces the overall mission of the Coast Community College District, with a clear, focused commitment to supporting teaching and academic excellence, and student learning and success through the work of esthetics instruction.
Examples of Duties: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Provide instruction in esthetician in accordance with established course outlines.
2. Provide leadership in the development and revision of esthetician curriculum.
3. Participate in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation; participate in and develop programs to measure student performance.
4. Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
5. Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
6. Fulfill the professional responsibilities of a full-time faculty member including, but not limited to the following: teach all scheduled classes unless excused under provisions of Board Policy; follow the department course outlines; keep accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and progress; submit student grades according to established deadlines; post and maintain scheduled office hours; participate in departmental meetings and college and/or district-wide activities and committees as assigned.
7. Assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and online sections.
Qualifications and Physical Demands
Bachelor's degree, plus two years' professional experience OR Associate's degree, plus six years professional experience OR meet the equivalent qualifications established by the District AND
Demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Ability to contribute to campus and district-wide professional responsibilities and activities.
Ability to complement existing staff, student and community demographics in terms of professional and personal skills.
Additional Required Qualifications: (certifications, licensing, etc. required in program)
Possession of a valid California State License in Esthetics
Educational and/or instructional preparation from the International Dermal Institute (IDI) in the teaching of esthetics.
Evidence of continued education hours through the International Dermal Institute (IDI).
A minimum of four year(s) of recent experience teaching esthetics at the post-secondary level.
Evidence of student success in both clinical and theory in esthetics.
Evidence of participation in student success initiatives in a post-secondary setting.
Evidence of an ability to effectively engage with and facilitate authentic learning for students of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
Evidence of an ability to adapt teaching pedagogy to the knowledge level (developmental through transfer) and personality of each individual and class.
Evidence of an ability to self-reflect and respond to an evidenced-based assessment of student learning.
Evidence of innovation, scholarship, or leadership in the teaching of esthetics.
Desire and demonstrated ability to participate actively in department, division, and college committees and in the shared governance of Coast Community College District.
Desire and evidence of an ability to take on leadership roles both within the department and in the institution as a whole.
Ability to work with computers, and use the Internet and interactive technologies to engage students in on-campus and online courses (where academically appropriate); and intrinsic motivation and ability to develop and teach online courses.
Evidence of an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
THE COAST COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: