Institutional Research Analyst
Institutional Research Analyst
The George Mason University Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness invites applications for an Institutional Research Analyst.
The Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness (OIRE) works to advance Mason's vision by proactively supporting its information and analytical needs. In addition, OIRE serves as the primary source of official data for state, federal, and other external agencies.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position reports to the Director of Institutional Research and is expected to independently manage day-to-day administration of data and perform moderately complex analysis, forecasting, and modeling. This position will also assist in the development and testing of institutional analytics data model focusing on faculty activity and productivity, competitive positioning, unit cost and student success, while ensuring the accuracy and integrity of data used for reporting, planning and institutional effectiveness activities. The work produced by this staff position will have significant impact on decision making regarding a defined service, function, or population (student, faculty and staff, alumni) at Mason.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and work experience, in quantitative disciplines such as Business Administration, Public Policy, Statistics, Educational Research, or a related discipline;
- Experience in using SPSS, SAS or other comparable statistical analysis program for analysis and decision support;
- Knowledge of programming in SAS (preferred) or SPSS;
- Considerable knowledge of applied statistical analysis, such as t-test, f-test, and other advanced multivariate statistical techniques and research design methodologies;
- Evidence of independent and creative thinking and writing on research and statistical problems;
- Ability to work with data from multiple electronic sources;
- Knowledge of business intelligence and analytics tools such as SAS Visual Analytics/Statistics, SAS Enterprise Guide/Enterprise Miner, Tableau, Cognos; and
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Master's degree or equivalent with demonstrated full time professional experience in institutional research related area; or Bachelor's degree or equivalent with significant full time professional experience, including demonstrated experience in institutional research related area;
- SAS certification;
- Working knowledge of ERP such as PeopleSoft, SAP, Banner.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02445z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.