Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Serves as the undergraduate admissions officer for Wheaton College in attracting, recruiting, and enrolling an undergraduate student body that enables the College to achieve its institutional goals and educational mission.
The Director of Undergraduate Admissions must have experience and knowledge that would enable him/her to lead a strong admission staff to accomplish the recruitment objectives of the College. A Master’s Degree is preferred. The ideal candidate will have at least three to five years administrative experience in a senior level admission position. The Director will be a person of deep and mature Christian faith who values and understands the liberal arts and can effectively communicate the mission of the College. The Director will possess managerial and administrative gifts, exhibit enthusiasm and high energy for the task, understand the various constituents of the college, communicate with warmth and understanding to diverse groups, work as a member of a team, and enjoy the challenge of consistently improving the effort to attract the highest quality student within the context of the College’s mission. Technical skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Ellucian Recruit, Slate or similar CRM is required.
- Develop, administer, and evaluate a strategic student recruitment plan in the context of the College’s mission and undergraduate admission policies and standards.
- In partnership with the assistant director for operations, uses data analytics to institute best practice assessment and reporting of key metrics.
- Develop and execute use of predictive model for generation and periodic scoring of leads assessing all phases of funnel.
- Supervise the undergraduate admissions staff and all activities of first year and transfer recruitment programs with direct supervision of the assistant director for recruitment, assistant director of multicultural recruitment, assistant director for admissions communications and marketing, alumni liaison, and the BRIDGE Coordinator.
- Lead and coordinate the evaluation of applicants for admission. Renders admission decisions according to the defined criteria.Organizes and implements file evaluation processes. Develops the process for circulating files to the counselors.
- Oversee the hiring of all staff - training and conducting meetings to provide awareness, support and consistency of efforts.
- Understand the special niche of Wheaton as a selective liberal arts college within the evangelical, Christian tradition, and work with other college offices involved in external relations to communicate a coordinated message regarding the mission and aspirations of the College, including written publications, advertising decisions, web and other forms of outreach, i.e. SEO, IP Retargeting, email, and SMS texting campaigns.
- Communicate and work with the other chief administrative officers of the College, supporting campus-wide initiatives and participating in committees and events to provide input and awareness of the recruitment efforts of the College.
- Partner with campus stakeholders (Faculty, athletics, alumni) in the development of recruitment initiatives and promotional activities.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director for Admissions Communications and Marketing to execute segmented communication flow.
- Maintain awareness of innovations and trends in recruitment and financial aid, and ensure that Wheaton’s recruitment efforts are of the highest caliber, maintaining the College’s standards of ethics, integrity and excellence.
- Participate in regional and national organizations.
- Develop and oversee an annual budget, monitoring and approving expenditures to ensure accurate accountability for the College’s financial resources.
- Assume overall responsibility for representing the College at admission related activities involving faculty and staff members, students, parents, alumni, and other friends of the College as appropriate.
- Serve as member of the Enrollment Management Committee, which works to coordinate admission and enrollment objectives.
- Resolve difficult issues that arise regarding the application process and organize or assign priorities where needed.
- Supervise the assistant director for recruitment to plan and coordinate all recruitment related travel including coordinating all college fairs. Maintains all travel planning information including follow up on travel with counselors (e.g., expenses, reports).Ensures travel needs are determined, planned and circulated by July 1. Maintains the travel program on the web.
- Interview and counsel prospective students and families about admission, financial aid, academic & community life programs at Wheaton. Advises prospective students regarding the college search process.
- Supervise staff responsible for Campus Visit and Admission Events to develop and implement a robust visit program including daily and open house programs, academic departmental specialty days, and all other special events.
- Ensure that all materials relating to the visit program are updated and efficient, i.e. letters and brochures.
- Oversee staff responsible for student intern tele-counseling campaigns with development of scripts and strategy.
- Assign Saturday work schedules for Admission Counselors.
- Coordinate annual updates to the Office Procedure Manuals. (Each area in admissions is required to maintain a procedure manual: Visit Programming, tele-counseling, process maps, etc.)
- Approve application fee waivers and confirmation fee extensions.
- Travel for recruitment and professional meetings as called upon/needed.
Reports to the Chief Enrollment Management Officer.
Position begins June 2018.
To apply, please copy and paste the following link into your browser: