Assistant Director of Multicultural Affairs
Assistant Director of Multicultural Affairs, Student Development - 18000000AE
The Assistant Director in collaboration with the Director of Multicultural Affairs will lead initiatives promoting cross cultural understanding and implement programs and services that support diversity and inclusion within the campus community. The assistant director will collaborate with campus and community partners to identify and implement a range of activities and educational opportunities that positively impacts the recruitment, retention and matriculation of students from underrepresented populations including, but not limited to, students that identify as African American and Latino/Hispanic. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing programs that promote diversity and inclusion within the UTC Community including assessment of the programs and services.
- Collaborating with faculty, staff and students and community members to promote the Multicultural Center as a hub for promoting diversity, cross cultural understanding and networking.
- Coordinating and managing activities designed to increase the recruitment, retention and matriculation of students from underrepresented populations and assist in the daily operations of the Multicultural Center.
- Serving as a resource and advocate for Black Student Alliance and Hispanic Outreach Leadership Association; coordinating and managing activities with student organizations; advising student organizations; collaborating with Campus Ministries Association.
- Serving on campus and community committees.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred. Must have 1-3 years of professional work experience developing and implementing multicultural programs, preferably working with college-aged individuals. Experience working in a Multicultural Office/Center in a higher education setting preferred. Must have knowledge of issues that impact the retention and matriculation of students from underrepresented populations. Must have proven ability to work with diverse faculty, staff and students; ability to effectively collaborate with external and internal offices and stakeholders; ability to communicate with faculty, staff, students, and community members; ability to engage with others of diverse backgrounds; knowledge of and competency in cross-cultural learning; ability to manage the Multicultural Center. Must have excellent customer service, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills. Must be skilled in data collection and analysis and Microsoft Office. Experience with Banner or other SIS preferred. Experience with website development and student organization management software preferred. Must be able to work some weekend and evening hours. Some overnight travel is required. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Applications must be sent electronically to: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000000AE
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.