Business Faculty (Full-time)
MMCC seeks individuals who: value collegiality and mutual respect; use data in decision making; are innovative; are service minded; are goal oriented; strive to continually improve themselves and their work processes; are willing to collaborate and seek to add value in every interaction.
Position involves general responsibility for all Business program areas, as well as preparing and delivering the instruction for courses in the Business program areas. Course assignments may occur in a classroom setting, learning lab, online, and/or field experience including internship, CTE or dual enrollment environment. Course assignments may be on both the Harrison and Mt. Pleasant campuses, and off campus installation including both day and evening courses. Course load may be achieved over fall/winter/spring semesters. As a full-time faculty member, the incumbent may be responsible for advising students, actively participate in curriculum development, serve on college committees, including chairing advisory board committees, act as a liaison to employees and professional associations, and assist with adjunct faculty recruitment and retention initiatives.
**Review of applications will begin on March 26, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. **
- Teaches assigned classroom courses.
- Program and course development required.
- Develops and updates syllabi for courses assigned and ensures course content and requirements meet the requirements of college and accreditation agencies.
- Develops appropriate assessment tools to determine course effectiveness and assures that student outcomes are achieved.
- Assesses student academic achievement and provides students with timely and meaningful feedback on progress in the course(s).
- Maintains and reports appropriate classroom records, to include student attendance and grades.
- Holds appropriate office hours for meeting with and assisting students.
- Maintains regular communication with full-time and adjunct faculty in the assigned departments(s), and the Library and Learning Services area, and Registrar and Retention Services.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-service programs within the department and college-wide; serves on college committees as encouraged/assigned.
- Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, and student service initiatives.
- Adheres to the policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines of the college. Ensures all communications and practices demonstrate support of the Ethics for Teaching Professionals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of course content and learning objectives of assigned course(s).
- Ability to develop and effectively deliver course content/objectives and facilitate an effective learning environment for students to maximize their success.
- Knowledge of computer and educational technology and ability to effectively integrate technology into the classroom.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable working in a close, collaborative manner with other faculty and administration.
Education, Certification, Licensure:
- MBA or Master’s degree in business field (i.e., Economics, Accounting, Marketing, etc.) is required.
- One - three years of teaching college level courses in the discipline area preferred.
- Three - four years of field experience within the area of Business is preferred.
- Previous experience in a community college environment preferred.
- Experience with online instruction preferred.