History/Political Science Faculty
MMCC seeks individuals who: value collegiality and mutual respect; use data in decision making; are innovative; are service minded; are goal oriented; strive to continually improve themselves and their work processes; are willing to collaborate and seek to add value in every interaction.
This position involves teaching the range of courses in History and Political Science in the classroom, online, or in a dual-enrollment environment. Assignments will be on both campuses, with both day and night courses possible.
**Review of applications will begin on March 26, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. **
- Teach assigned courses.
- Develop and update syllabi, according to departmental course objectives, for courses assigned.
- Lead the department’s assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Maintain and report appropriate classroom records: g., grades, attendance, etc.
- Work collaboratively with other departmental faculty on projects aimed at assessing and improving student learning.
- Hold office hours for assisting students.
- Participate in adjunct faculty development.
- Maintain regular communication with Library and Learning Services staff.
- Attend, facilitate, and/or lead departmental meetings and in-service programs within the department and college-wide.
- Support and serve as a role model for our mission, vision, and student service initiatives. Adhere to the policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines of the college.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of course content and objectives for the History and Political Science offerings.
- Ability to develop and effectively deliver course content/objectives and facilitate an effective learning environment for students to maximize their success.
- Knowledge of computer and educational technology and ability to effectively integrate technology into the classroom and in an online environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable working in a close, collaborative manner with other faculty and administration.
Education, Certification, Licensure:
- Master’s degree in History or Political Science required.
- Two years of teaching experience at the college level required.
- Two years of experience delivering online instruction is preferred.
- Two years working with dual enrollment students, and international students is preferred.
- Previous experience in a community college environment preferred.
Apply for History/Political Science Faculty
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly