Department: Academic Affairs/Social Sciences Division
Pay Grade: Instructor $43,142 - $54,275
FLSA Status: Exempt (Full-time 10-month Faculty Position)
The faculty member’s primary responsibility will be planning and making available appropriate study materials; conducting educationally valuable activities in the classroom; making assignments of student work; and evaluating and grading student progress. This position reports to the Chair, Social Sciences
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teaches the equivalent of 30 teaching load hours over the academic year;
- Administers appropriate examinations, including final examination during final examination week;
- Maintains a grade book;
- Schedules and posts a minimum of five hours per week of office hours;
- Provides educational advisement to students, including directing those in need of assistance to appropriate laboratories, clinics, or counselors;
- Cooperates with the Library staff and department chair to assure adequate library and materials are available for each class;
- Assists in the curricular and staff development necessary to create new learning opportunities for students or to maintain the viability of current offerings;
- Attends divisional meetings, general faculty meetings and College-wide meetings as required;
- Remains abreast in assigned field of study and pursues additional formal education as appropriate;
- Serves on appropriate college committees;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
Master’s degree in related field and two years of prior teaching experience. PhD preferred. Prior college teaching experience preferred. Ability to use technology in teaching. Preference given to candidates who have taught one or more of the following: General Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Social Psychology, and Human Development through the Life Span.
Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
Light work – exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, bending/lifting, walking/standing, talking, hearing/seeing, mental acuity
APPLICATION PROCESS: To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter to include minimum salary required, a resume, and one to two page statement of teaching philosophy by March 30, 2018 to the Human Resources Department at Carroll Community College, 1601 Washington Road, Westminster, Maryland 21157 or email email@example.com. In order to qualify for employment, candidates must successfully complete a criminal background check.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR FACULTY APPLICANTS:
The college pays one-half of reasonable travel expenses for the first visit. The college pays the entire cost of travel for the second interview. The college does not pay for relocation expenses, nor does the college have tenure. However, following a one-year probationary period, year-to-year contracts are provided until three years of satisfactory service are completed, after which time 3-year contracts are provided.
Apply for Psychology Faculty
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly