ASSIST DIR, ADMISSIONS, FSB
ASSOC. DIRECTOR OF DATA ANALYTICS, FSB
Associate Director of Data Analytics THE DUKE MBA ADMISSIONS OFFICE THE FUQUA SCHOOL OF BUSINESS POSITION SUMMARY Associate Director of Data Analytics
The Associate Director of Data Analytics leads the development and management of Data Analysis and Reporting across all programs within Admissions. Works closely with the Associate Dean, Assistant Deans and Sr. Associate Director of Systems and Operations to analyze and provide in-depth analysis to facilitate the development and evaluation of admissions operations, recruitment and admissions. The position manages two data reporting managers and reports into the Assistant Dean of Admissions for Daytime/Domestic Strategy, Operations, Analytics and Communications.
• Leads Reporting and Analytics function for Admissions and Fuqua, analyzing and reporting on data that informs major strategic decisions across the school.
• Works closely with the Assistant Deans of Admissions to conduct analyses of Admissions data, using statistical tools, to create predictive models that assist the Admissions in identifying, attracting, admitting and yielding students with the greatest chance of MBA success at Fuqua.
• Supports the data analytic needs related to admissions decisions and scholarship allocation analysis for committee preparation and decision release efforts for all programs
• Provides guidance for internal reports and is responsible for all Admissions related, external survey data submissions such as Bloomberg BusinessWeek, AACSB, The Economist, Application Trends Survey - GMAC, US News & World Report, Princeton Review, etc.
• Works closely with Senior Associate Dean of Full-time programs and other external departments to analyze data that helps Full-time Programs determine MBA success factors, and subsequently impacts Admissions practices and processes
• Works closely with Assistant Dean and Sr. Associate Director of Systems and Operations to scrub and analyze marketing and application data in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system for insights Admissions and Marketing Department can use to inform strategies to drive applications and increase yield
• Supervises Data Managers (2). Provides ongoing training and professional development. Directs various personnel functions including hiring, onboarding, performance appraisals, promotions, and vacation schedules.
• Oversees the execution of all school-wide data analysis requests with varying prospects pools while maintaining confidentiality and data integrity.
• Collaborates with multiple Fuqua departments, as well as Duke offices outside of Fuqua, as needed
• Serves on Admissions Committees and member of Admissions Management Team.
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree required. MBA or Master's Equivalent in a STEM field preferred
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience in business/data analysis, information technology, or operations management required
• Admissions/Enrollment or Higher Ed experience highly valued
• Deep experience with database management preferred
• Experience using PeopleSoft, ImageNow, ApplyYourself, SLATE or a similar CRM tool preferred
• Extensive experience querying and analyzing data using statistical software packages, Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, SAS, SPSS, STATS or Access
• Strong project management, written communication, interpersonal and team skills are essential
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast- paced environment, to ask the right questions to conduct analysis and require little supervision and oversight
• Takes initiative, inquisitive, curious and a creative thinker
• Experience managing/supervising others
1799 ASSIST DIR, ADMISSIONS, FSB
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical and communication skills as well as familiaritywith the academic setting generally acquired through completion of abachelor's degree program.
Work requires at least three years experience in a related field.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.