Clinical Assistant Professor (Clinical Teaching Track) - Nursing: Psych/Mental Health NP Program
The Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) invites applications for a DNP or PhD prepared faculty member with certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to teach in both our Master of Science in Nursing and our Doctor of Nursing Practice Programs. The Department of Nursing is dedicated to developing exceptional nurses through innovative and experiential education, scholarship and service. This dedication to excellence is demonstrated by the 2018 ranking at 9th in the country by U.S. News and World Report for the online graduate master's program. The department offers expanding undergraduate and graduate programs enhanced by clinical and advanced technologies in simulation and online learning.
As a graduate faculty member, there is opportunity to participate in activities that interface with other members of the Department, the College, the University and the Community. The position is a full-time, 12-month position on the clinical teaching track with expectations for teaching, scholarship, practice, and service as described by the College and University.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Teach graduate students in online education format
- Engage in an active program of research/scholarship
- Maintain clinical advanced practice nursing and academic expertise
- Select learning experiences and guide students in achieving desired outcomes
- Participate in the evaluation process of students and faculty
- Assume faculty role in the guidance, advising and recruitment of students
- Participate in curriculum development
- Engage in activities that advance the mission and goals of the College and University
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain clinical advanced practice nursing and academic expertise
- Ability to communicate effectively with graduate students, faculty and staff both orally and in writing
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use an online teaching platform and basic IT applications
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package. Information on benefits programs can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 12,400 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in the state and is consistently ranked as one of the top Western regional universities by U.S. New & World Report. Colorado Springs, (pop. 400K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
- DNP or PhD with national certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Current, unrestricted RN and APRN licensure with prescriptive authority in the State of Colorado or eligible to obtain prior to start of employment
- Previous teaching experience in undergraduate or graduate nursing program
- Established record of scholarship and service
Special Instructions to Applicants:Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by 12/1/17 will receive full consideration. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s), Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:In addition to a cover letter, CV and unofficial transcripts, please also attach a Statement of teaching, clinical practice and scholarship philosophy to your submission. In order for an application to be considered, applicants must label each required attachment with the relevant title, attach the required documents for this position announcement to the submission and check the Job Specific Attachments box next to each document in the submission. If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or email@example.com. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40082 - Beth-El Grad Nursing
Posting Date: Nov 3, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carole Traylor
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00440701