FINANCIAL ANALYST II
FINANCIAL ANALYST II
Perform the more complex duties involved in compiling, analyzing and reporting the financial performance of departmental operating units.
- Analyze monthly financial statements to determine proper charging of operating revenues and expenditures in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Prepare monthly income statements by consolidating accounting data and provide written interpretation of results; monitor and report on financial performance of individual departments and the division as a whole; recommend corrective actions based on analysis.
- Reconcile plant funds monthly; invest and divest plant funds based on departmental investment policies.
- Work with departmental directors, unit managers and appropriate personnel to prepare annual budgets; provide forecasts to directors and line managers. Assist with year-end closing activities.
- Make recommendations to improve financial systems; perform in-house audits of operating units; analyze deficiencies and report to director.
- Assist in formulating and refining short and long-term financial goals for each department through consultation with departmental directors and administrative staff.
- Develop annual and five-year capital replacement analyses; monitor capital plans and advise of compliance or changes; recommend procurement of equipment and facilities instrumental to the performance of all operations.
- Develop and obtain approval for costing rates for services; establish rate ranges for net return on investments, in accordance with University policy.
- Assist with development of new business proposals including budget preparations, project specifications, capital investments, pricing structures and marketing strategies.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
2193 FINANCIAL ANALYST II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or a related field.
Work generally requires three years of experience in managerial accounting to include one year as a Financial Analyst I or equivalent. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.