ASSIST DIR, PROGRAMS - FUQUA ADMISSIONS
ASSIST DIR, PROGRAMS - FUQUA ADMISSIONS
Assistant Director, Communications ADMISSIONS OFFICE THE FUQUA SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The Assistant Director of Admissions Communications is responsible for executing communications initiatives within the Admissions Department. This position reports to the Associate Director of Admissions, and under the strategic direction of the Assistant Dean, to create communications that drive more applications and yield higher quality prospective students across all of Fuqua's degreed programs (Daytime, EMBA, MMS and MQM). S/he manages projects related to sourcing leads, conducts email marketing campaigns, supports social media strategies, and serves as the primary point of contact between Admissions and the Marketing Department. S/he will stay abreast of the global trends, practices, and direction of the graduate business school environment and assist in the translation of key developments to Fuqua's culture. This person has shared responsibility for managing the Customer Relationship Management database (Slate) and associated processes such as tracking marketing and event data, and managing content websites that serve the prospective student population. S/he assists in the management of software packages for online chats, web conferencing and social networks, as it relates to the prospective and applicant pool. S/he reviews applications for admission, meets with prospective students and visitors to campus, and responds to requests for information as needed.
• Work with the Assistant Dean and Associate Dean to conceptualize, develop and execute communications plans throughout the funnel (prospect to matric) to include call-to-action emails, recruitment/operational emails and newsletters by program and target audience
• Work with the Data Reporting team to coordinate the execution of recruitment and operational communications, inclusive of leads from GMASS/GRE purchases and prospects who submit their score reports
• Develop and execute targeted email campaigns by leveraging existing templates and repurposed or newly created content used in the communications to prospective and admitted students
• Work across the Admissions team to create a promotional plan and content for outreach and diversity events (on and off campus) through direct e-marketing and social media channels
• Serve as a liaison to the Marketing Department to help execute integrated marketing and social media plans to drive applications and help track/report on analytics.
• Work with Sr. Associate Director of Operations & Systems and Associate Director of Data Analytics to manage the data integrity of the CRM (Slate) from a marketing automation perspective within Admissions; coordinate with Data Reporting team and Marketing Department on lead integration, tracking and communication
• Update and maintain, in collaboration with members of the Admissions team and external departments, the Incoming Student Websites (ISW) (including content/custom webpages, social media groups)
• Manage updates to Admissions pages on the school's website; as well as Fuqua content that exists on external websites/entities (e.g., Event Tour companies, Forte, MLT etc.)
• Design flyers, handouts and printed materials to complement the official "Fuqua Viewbook" for specific recruiting events, on campus events and alumni-hosted events
• Work with the Marketing Team to design promotional packages that can be sent electronically or in hard copy to MBA consultants and/or university departments to educate professionals who may be advising prospective students
• Create aesthetically pleasing post-event surveys, using Qualtrics or other survey tool
• Create emails to be used for post-event follow up to improve yield
• Design online "promotional packages" for virtual fairs (repurposing existing materials to fit specifications required by organizers)
• Design auto-generated emails relating to campus visits, interviews, and event registration
• Design postcards to be mailed to parents/prospective students for MMS/MQM
• Read/evaluate applications, meet with prospective students and campus visitors, and respond to email and in-person inquiries as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor degree required
• Minimum of 2 years work experience required
• Strong copywriting and editorial skills
• Prior marketing and/or communications experience is required
• Design experience in digital, print, and other media is a plus
• Experience designing for social media is a plus
• Ability to turn projects around under tight timelines.
• Detail oriented, driven, and organized; strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential
• Eager to work in a team environment, and able to adjust to shifting priorities
• Comfort with marketing automationtools, email marketing, CRM software (Slate, Adobe/Photoshop/InDesign)
• Some knowledge of html code or working within a content management system. At a minimum, candidate should have ability to create and edit in email editing tools (such as Dreamweaver, Komodo, or in CRM systems such as Slate).
• Some knowledge of Admissions is a plus (but not required)
2775 ASSIST DIR, PROGRAMS
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work generally requires two years experience in personnel, college oruniversity administration, or a related field to acquire skillsnecessary to provide program management, advising and generaladministrative support.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.