Blockchain Technologies Part Time Instructor - ONLINE
Open date: October 31st, 2017
Last review date: November 30th, 2017
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: October 30th, 2018
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
At the University of California Irvine's Department of Continuing Education - Technology Programs, our mission is to provide the best technical professional development courses online. We are laser focused on inspiring our students to learn new technical coding skills and shaping the future for their success. We are passionate about our education programs that support our students to fulfil their career goals and we are empowered to help thousands of people learn online every day.
The University of California Irvine's Department of Continuing Education is looking for a multi-talented Blockchain Technologies instructor who has expertise in a variety of Blockchain technologies, who has contagious passion for their craft. Someone who has an obsession with constantly learning new technologies, a personal dedication to always be up to date with the very latest coding languages, deployment technologies and industry best practices.
No former online teaching experience is necessary. Minimum of 8 years of experience is preferred, however, let your passion and industry knowledge be your guide. This position will allow you to explore your current knowledge and put your skills and know-how to the test. Alongside our Programs Manager, you will be responsible for developing a challenging program for students in 2018 and beyond. Using the latest best practices and innovative techniques, you will be immersed in a dynamic online community of like-minded online learners, keen to explore the learning materials together, to develop new skills and become prepared for the next step in their careers.
• 8+ years' experience in advanced software engineering projects
• Experience building sophisticated complex backend services
• Design of back-end architectures
• Strong expertise in one or more of: C/C++, Rust or Go.
• Linux experience
• Advanced web API's
• Impeccable code quality
• Passionate lifelong learner
• Excellent communication skills
• Works alongside The Director of Technology Programs to develop new course content for Spring 2018
• Designs and develops the Blockchain Technologies course that is 100% up to date, meeting the latest industry standards
• Skills up new students who have not had prior Blockchain experience using the latest technologies and design tools
• Manages and delivers the course materials to students in an engaging thought-provoking manner in our online learning management system: Canvas
• Optimize and be flexible to change the course to suit the needs of your students and new technologies semester after semester
• Engage in meaningful online conversations and dialogue with your students online in the learning management system, supporting their learning objectives and career goals
• Diligently respond to students needs and questions during the course schedule
• Acts as a technical mentor guiding students on a technical journey of discovery
Time: 80 hours
Time: 10 - 12 hrs a week for 12 weeks, every teaching quarter.
Course development: 80 hours
Commitment: 10 - 12 hrs a week for 12 weeks, every teaching quarter.
Course Description: An Introduction to Blockchain Technologies and the Cryptocurrency Ecosystem
This in this course students will be introduced to Blockchain technologies, the backbone technology stack that is fueling the Cryptocurrency Ecosystem that Bitcoin and Ethereum are built upon. Venture capital firms around the world have invested billions of dollars into building a new currency system that is diverse and complex to understand. Hundreds of start-ups are now capitalizing on the explosive growth of Blockchain technologies and have started to build successful companies in the Cryptocurrency Ecosystem. The financial world as a result of this is undergoing dramatic change creating valuable companies and start-ups that are changing the way we think about existing financial systems and global currencies.
To apply for this position, please click this link: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04368
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Online (remote)
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now