I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
Job Description Summary:
GWU’s Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE) provides leading edge programs in electrical and computer engineering as well as fostering leadership in a global information society with an advanced state of knowledge. The department is currently seeking a Post-Doctoral Scientist for the High Performance Computing Architecture and Technologies (HPCAT) Lab (http://hpcat.seas.gwu.edu/).
Duties for the position include:
The use of machine learning techniques for designing energy-efficient, reliable multicore architectures
Design of scalable accelerator-rich reconfigurable heterogeneous architectures
Exploration of emerging interconnect technologies (photonic, wireless, RF, hybrid) for network-on-chips (NoCs) & embedded systems
Exploration of future parallel computing models and architectures including convolutional neural networks (CNNs), deep neural networks (DNNs), near data
computing & approximate computing.
The ability to write proposals, reports, and publish research results in leading conferences and journals
Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a PhD in a related discipline. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the positionAdditional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
Earned a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or related discipline and whose research focus is on the mainstream computer architecture and parallel processing.
Experience and publications in leading conferences and journals on computer architecture and NOCs
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) Family Research and Labs Sub-Family Laboratory Research Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30-5:00 Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: Required Background Check Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: R000491 Job Open Date: 03/02/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: 07/31/2018 Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science?
- * Have you conducted, or are in the process of conducting, research with a focus on the mainstream computing architecture and parallel processing?
- * Do you have experience and publications in the area of Networks-on-Chips (NOCS)?
- * Are you able to use machine learning techniques for designing energy-efficient, reliable multicore architectures?
- * Are you able to design scalable accelerator-rich reconfigurable heterogeneous architectures?
- * Are you able to explore interconnect technologies (photonics, wireless, RF, hybrid) for Network-on-Chips (NOCS) and embedded systems?
- * Are you able to explore future parallel computing models and architectures including convolutional neural networks (CNNs), deep neural networks (DNNs), near datacomputing, and approximate computing?
- * Do you have the ability to write proposals and reports, and publish research results in leading conferences and journals?
- Cover Letter
- List of Publications
- Curriculum Vitae