Enterprise Systems Analyst (AITS HR TAM)
Job Category: Academic Professional Academic Professional
Description: University of Illinois System Office
Administrative Information Technology Services
Enterprise Systems Analyst
The University of Illinois System Office seeks an Enterprise Systems Analyst to, work within a team environment to maintain, optimize, and provide technical support for enterprise-wide applications/systems. Performs project coordination and analytical roles for projects related to Finance, HR/Payroll, and Student areas. Additional responsibilities include:
1. Provide highest level understanding of the University's enterprise information systems. Focus includes continued process and workflow analysis, enhanced module functionality, and application/upgrade support.
2. Manage and coordinate information systems problem solving, solution development, decision-making, and participate in planning that will further the mission and vision of the current and future business environment.
3. Recommend action to improve operations and correct sources of error in information that impacts University Human Resources, Financial and/or Student activities. Facilitate quality improvement efforts.
4. Serve as expert resource on process/functionality issues for Banner and other enterprise systems. Assist users in functional areas to understand and apply system processes, and provide subject-matter expertise to internal and external clients as required.
5. Support production critical activities during non-business hours, as needed. This may require evening or weekend hours, depending on the business cycle of the University.
6. Keep informed of and apply contemporary technology related to enterprise systems.
7. Interact with vendors regarding software upgrades, patches, etc.
8. Perform other related responsibilities as assigned as appropriate for an Enterprise Systems Analyst.
Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree in a technical or business-related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience with business/technical analysis and/or development. Other requirements include: knowledge of an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system including Finance, Financial Aid, Human Resources, or Student Administration; requisite technical skills to make recommendations on strategy and approach for continued high functionality of enterprise applications in support of the University's vision and strategic plan; outstanding interpersonal skills, working with diverse groups of individuals and building partnerships; strong communication skills, verbal and written; ability to work independently, to be a team leader, and to work as a team member; demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy; demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and to work with shifting priorities and schedules.
Preferred qualifications include: experience with Oracle Data Base Management System and SQL; experience with one or more of the following technical tools: Application Manager (or another batch scheduling tool), PL/SQL, Java, other Object-oriented concepts; knowledge of Oracle Security components and options; and experience working in a UNIX (preferably Solaris or Linux) environment.
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by March 23, 2018 at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu/.
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
System Human Resource Services
The University of Illinois is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. The System Offices welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
Close Date: 03/23/2018