Community Resource Coordinator
Working Title: Community Resource Coordinator
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Pediatrics
Posting Date: 03-02-2018
The Department of Pediatrics is seeking a Community Resource Coordinator to support Blue Ridge Care Connection for Children. This position is responsible for providing case management through direct care coordination/case management service to children with special health care needs. This position will provide assistance with social and practical environmental problems to Blue Ridge Care Connection for Children's patients and their families as outlined by the grants. IT is responsible for providing emotional support to pediatric patients and their families who may exhibit feelings of anxiety and stress precipitated by illness and hospitalization. Works with patients and team members in an effort to maximize patients' potential for the healthiest coping responses to their challenging situation as outlined in the grants scope of work. In accordance with grant requirements, the care coordinator/case manager will consent the patients, abstract and enter data, and with the research guidelines. Based on overall assessment and summary of patients and family needs, makes appropriate community referrals as needed. Serves as a liaison between the medical staff and the patient/family and provides interventions designed to minimize patient stress and maximize coping skills to expedite recovery.
A bachelor's degree in nursing, counseling, psychology or a related field is required. Previous experience as an RN or case manager is preferred.
This is a restricted position and employment is contingent upon funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of local, federal, and state laws and regulations regarding individuals with disabilities.
2. Knowledge of JCAHO standards related to position chief objective.
3. Ability to demonstrate aptitude for compliance with UVA policies, procedures, and customer service philosophy.
4. Ability to advocate for the needs of the client when faced with challenges.
5. Ability to verbally communicate and possess interpersonal skills.
6. Possess conflict resolution skills.
7. Ability to make presentations to small and large groups.
8. Ability to analyze and solve problems.
9. Ability to adapt to changes in work roles and expectations in order to accomplish client/department goals.
10. Ability to communicate information in writing that is clear and understandable to others.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84022