Athletic Outdoor Operations Assistant
Athletic Outdoor Operations Assistant
Position Number: 53074007
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 03/15/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Athletic Outdoor Operations Assistant. The primary role of this position is to maintain all outdoor athletic facilities.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Athletic Outdoor Operations Assistant will:
- Maintain landscaping at all outdoor facilities, baseball, softball, soccer, and tennis.
- Maintain indoor and outdoor hitting facilities to include routine cleaning and turf/cage maintenance.
- Preform general maintenance of all athletic complex buildings and equipment.
- Maintain turf fields, including but not limited to turf infill, cleaning and repairing padded walls, and dugouts.
- Be responsible for upkeep and cleaning of parking lots at all outdoor athletic facilities.
- Preform general maintenance of tennis courts and complex to include nets, windscreens, court surface and stadium.
- Assist with game day operations.
- Preform other duties as assigned by Director of Athletics or designee.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Experience with landscape equipment and outdoor machinery.
- Ability to operate power tools, large landscape machinery and heavy equipment.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow specific oral and written instruction.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods of time, often in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work at heights up to 65 feet; must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Associate's degree.
- Prefer at least one year of related experience
- Must be willing to obtain CPR/First Aid/AED certification
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.