Marketing & Events Coordinator
Marketing & Events Coordinator
Position Number: 53074008
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 03/15/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Marketing & Events Coordinator. The primary role of this position is to cultivate, pursue and package corporate sponsorships as well as plan/execute all special events and community engagement activities. Coordination of activities with the broader mission of the University and to work in collaboration with University Relations Department is integral to this position.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Marketing & Events Coordinator will:
- Work in conjunction with the Associate Director of Athletics, External Operations and the Athletics Development Officer to expand revenue-generating sponsorship partnerships at the department level.
- Establish relationships with key marketing and advertising decision-makers at the campus, local and regional levels with the goal of UNG Athletics' and University brand expansion.
- Develop robust sponsor packages to include inventory and collaboration across all athletic programs.
- Ensure all corporate sponsors are compliant with NCAA, PBC, and UNG rules.
- Lead the execution of special events on campus to include student-athlete recognitions, Operations Nighthawks of Honor, Make-A-Wish, Team Impact and Gold Nighthawks Awards Gala.
- Be responsible for campus and community engagement. Manage the athletic department's tracking app on Helper Helper as well as all LOYAL BLUE fan reward initiatives.
- Provide oversight and supervision to graduate assistants and team of student workers that execute all game promotions and special events.
- Develop and manage game promotions to include spirit related groups.
- Integral part of senior administration and perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have strong communication skills both oral and written.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required, master's preferred.
- Three years of related experience required.
- Must be willing to obtain CPR/First Aid/AED certified.
- Experience with marketing, advertising, and sales.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.