Assistant Director of Development
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Advancement
Assistant Director of Development
Position #725102 - Requisition 12820
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of Advancement has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Assistant Director of Development position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Office of Advancement at the Anschutz Medical Campus helps move CU forward by matching benefactor passions with university priorities and initiatives. Charged with raising millions of dollars each year to support education, research and clinical care, we forge relationships and foster connections among CU's faculty, staff, students and community to advance CU Anschutz's dual promise of delivering the best health care in the world today while reinventing the health care of tomorrow.
We are a hardworking and energetic team of 50 (and growing) fundraising, donor relations and administrative professionals, who are positive, collaborative and benefactor-focused. We welcome you to apply to become part of our team.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Works to cultivate existing and new donor relationships (i.e.: through thank you calls, prospecting/cold calls, discovery visits, stewardship touches, etc.) with the intent of sustaining and increasing the relationship with donors and prospects on behalf of and in support of the CU Anschutz Medical Campus. The donor and prospect pool is comprised of CU Anschutz alumni, grateful patients and/or their loved ones/families, leadership volunteers, CU Anschutz faculty and community members.
- Develops and manages a portfolio of a minimum of 100+ individual, corporate and foundation prospects capable of making significant gifts leadership annual gifts (i.e.: $1,000-$24,000).
- Plans and implements programs that include measurable targets for number of personal visits and contacts, proposals, assists on others proposals and new prospects qualified/disqualified, all approved by management.
- Works closely with CU Anschutz Medical Campus Major Gift Officers, Internal Directors of Development, the Lead Strategist for Patient Engagement, donor relations staff and appropriate Central Office staff (i.e.: Gifting Planning, Annual Giving, etc.) to develop and implement fundraising strategies in order to meet established goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of institutional priorities, academic programs, and centers of excellence in order to translate these assets into compelling funding opportunities and align them with funders' interests.
- Facilitates productive relationships between donors and CU administrators, faculty and staff to ensure effectiveness of programs.
- Works to ensure timely, accurate completion of proposals, pledges and fund agreements. Documents prospect strategies and contact reports, evaluates new prospects, implements general correspondence to solicit and steward leadership gift prospects and cultivate major gift prospects.
- Represents the University at events in order to support the University and cultivate donors.
- And various other duties or tasks as assigned and/or needed.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary range for this position is commensurate with skills and experience and is expected to be between $60,000 to $70,000.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree.
- 1-3 years of fundraising, direct mail marketing, or public relations experience.
Condition of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to travel as required.
- Experience in higher education environment or a medical campus environment.
- 2-4 years of successful fundraising experience.
- Experience with leadership annual gifts of $1,000 - $24,000.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques.
- Ability to cultivate and solicit donations from individuals at major gift level.
- Ability to actively listen, analyze information / situations and solve problems.
- Ability to understand stakeholders' views.
- Ability to handle sensitive information discretely and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to take a proactive approach; organize and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Personal computer proficiency, especially Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; and BSRAdvance. Computer skills may be subject to testing/verification.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Sheri Kalina Jungman at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by March 31, 2018. Those who do not apply by March 31st may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Development
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21560 - ADM-EVC Foundation Anschutz
Posting Date: Mar 2, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sheri Kalina Jungman
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00725102