Dental Care II
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
Dental School of Medicine
Dental Care II
Position #: 730241 Requisition #: 12810
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus seeks an Administrative Assistant II to work in the CU School of Dental Medicine at CU Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The purpose of this full-time, state classified Dental Care II position is to provide four-handed chair side dental assistance in all specialized dentistry (Surgical, Periodontics, Restorative, Endodontics) to the General Practice Residents, undergraduate dental students and faculty. Additional responsibilities include patient preparation and positioning, clinical area preparation, use of sterile techniques and performing infection control procedures, maintaining patient data and records, performing and developing dental radiographs, providing demonstration and instruction in the assigned areas of technical dentistry practices when assisting the dental students. This position will fill in where needed to provide dental assistance in all clinics, including dispensary and sterilization.
Examples of work performed:
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of dental materials, their use, maintenance and storage.
- Performs dental intraoral and extraoral radiographs using appropriate technique, x-ray equipment and safety equipment. Develops, mounts and identifies radiographic films. Troubleshoots the scanner to make sure films are being developed with high quality
- Prepares specialized instruments set-ups for residents, undergraduate students and faculty to be used during dental patient treatment. Inspects appropriate instruments/tools for good condition /working order. Performs appropriate aseptic and sterilization techniques.
- Assists General Practice Residents and faculty in the Specialty Clinic and Emergency Clinic and teaches undergraduate students in all specialized areas of four-handed dentistry which includes, but not limited to surgical, periodontal, restorative, and all other related procedures. Patient preparation and positioning; clinical area preparation for the treatment of patients.
- Handles Infectious Materials/Human Blood or Bodily Fluids
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $2,855 - $4,030 and this position will most likely be offered at the lower amount of this range.
Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
- Two (2) years of dental assisting experience. Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
SUBSTITUTION: Successful completion of an accredited dental assisting program may substitute for one year of experience.
NOTE: If exercising the education substitution, applicants MUST attach a copy of their dental assisting certificate to their application materials no later than the closing date listed in the announcement.
NECESSARY SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Must possess current valid CPR and/or BLS certification. Proof of certification MUST be attached to application materials no later than the closing date listed in the announcement. Failure to do so may prevent you from competing in subsequent measures used to arrive at a top group of applicants.
- Experience working in all areas of dental assisting including Oral Surgery, Endodontics, Periodontics and sterilization.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment Experience working with multiple doctors.
- Experience performing appropriate aseptic and sterilization techniques.
- Experience with clinical area preparation in a dental clinic and/or office.
- Experience working with students and faculty in a higher education and/or academic medical environment.
- Experience performing dental intraoral and extraoral radiographs.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
•Must be willing and able to exert up to 20 lbs. on occasion. •Must be willing and able to crouch and stoop on occasion.
COMPETENCIES / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with a wide variety of individuals
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work independently and exercise judgment in decision making • Excellent customer service skills
• Strong oral communication skills
• Knowledge of dental terminology and instrumentation
• Knowledge of current dental materials, tools and instruments, and proper use and technique
• Ability to demonstrate a high level, knowledge, and proficiency in all phases of dental assisting
• Familiarity with OSHA and HIPAA guidelines
•Experience working in all areas of dental assisting including Oral Surgery, Endodontics, Periodontics and sterilization
•Experience working in a fast-paced environment Experience working with multiple doctors.
• Experience performing appropriate aseptic and sterilization techniques.
• Experience with clinical area preparation in a dental clinic and/or office.
• Experience working with students and faculty in a higher education and/or academic medical environment.
• Experience performing dental intraoral and extraoral radiographs.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. • Search Committee Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: COB March 16, 2018 To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting: A cover letter and resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Your resume MUST include job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Resumes are part of the comparative analysis (selection process) and will be used as part or all of the comparative analysis process to rank candidates
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20432 - SDM-Dental Clinical Operations
Posting Date: Mar 2, 2018
Closing Date: Mar 16, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Marci Grant
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00730241