Financial Aid - 164860
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Some weekends and evenings
The mission of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships (SFAS) is to inform perspective and continuing students about the availability of financial resources and to provide quality student service. SFAS is committed to helping students achieve their educational goals by providing financial assistance within the guidelines of regulatory requirements.
The Financial Aid Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Accounting Coordinator to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for ensuring compliance and interpretation of federal, state and local regulation in addition to applicable University policies and procedures.
* Monitors revenues, expenditures and balances.
* Utilizes various information systems to monitor and maintain budgetary information.
* Prepares, validates and reconciles a variety of accounts and balances.
* Plans, monitors, and coordinates activities of accounting team.
* Checks clerical work in progress and audits completed work for accuracy and conformance with established procedure.
* Acts as consultant on accounting matters to administrative, supervisory, or technical employees.
* Oversee Federal Work Study program and conduct employee training.
* Submits reports to Department of Education as needed.
* Works with state auditors annually on programs.
* Oversee Federal Perkins Loan program.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and four years of experience in accounting and/or auditing or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Thorough knowledge of accepted accounting practices, legal statutes, and policy and procedure affecting financial record keeping.
* Thorough knowledge of cost and audit accounting.
* Ability to work accurately with numerical detail consistently and to perform accounting operations legibly.
* Ability to analyze, consolidate, and present accounting data in clear concise form.
* Demonstrated ability in coordinating and supervising the work of others.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Knowledge of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
* Knowledge of Federal and State rules and regulations related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
* Skill in composing routine letters and preparing reports.
* Skill in recording and compiling material for reports.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
* Customer service experience in multiple settings.
* Ability to work independently.
* The physical ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting