Victim Advocate for Prevention of Sexual Misconduct/Interpersonal Violence
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, is seeking applications for a Victim Advocate for Prevention of Sexual Misconduct/Interpersonal Violence to work with the CARE program in the Office of the Commandant. This is a temporary Full-time position. Under the supervision of the Director of CARE (Campus Advocacy, Response, and Education) this position is responsible for but not limited to:
- Collaborating on the development, planning, coordination, implementation, teaching, and/or supervision of education, prevention, and outreach/advocacy services related to sexual violence and harassment, interpersonal violence, and bystander intervention for The Citadel community.
- Researches trends in best practices to determine models for the prevention program and assists in updating programs regularly as indicated to fit the needs of The Citadel community.
- Tracks the services provided to the victim from initial reports of a sexual misconduct, IPV and/or harassment, through final disposition. Assists in tracking the disposition of all cadet and student sexual misconduct/harassment/IPV cases for The Citadel and the regular updates on the status of each case.
- Performs administrative duties for the office that pertain to data collection, preparation of briefing slides, and statistical analysis for review by the Director.
- Attends meetings/briefings with campus agencies in the absence of the Director.
- Serves as an additional adviser and proponent for the cadet organizations, Human Affairs Teams, "one-in Four", and "Women Empowered "
- A Bachelor’s degree and 2(two) years of experience as an advocate for adult sexual assault victims.
- 1(one) year of demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication skills, including public speaking. Some expertise in areas such as sexual misconduct, relationship violence, and bystander intervention, preferably in a college setting.
- Understanding of Title IX of the Education Amendments Act, the Violence Against Women's Act, and the Clery Act.
- Knowledge of standards and procedures for adult sexual assault victims.
- Experience in facilitating training programs to students and staff.
- This position may require some light travel and evening hours.