VET TECH A
Duties: 1. Provide nursing care to large animal patients.
* Effectively manage time and plan daily activities to ensure thorough and efficient patient care in assigned area
* Cross-train in all areas of the hospital and remain knowledgeable on changing area-specific procedures
* Evaluate and communicate patient status and changes in patient care to clinicians, peers and students
2. Provide emergency and critical care for large animal patients.
* Consult with emergency clinician and other relevant personnel to ensure proper preparation for incoming emergencies
* Assess status of incoming emergency patients
3. Teach fourth-year veterinary students and senior veterinary nursing students.
* Guide Harcum veterinary nursing students through daily activities of veterinary nurses; provide demonstration and instruction on all aspects of nursing care
* Submit comprehensive student evaluations to Harcum practicum supervisor in a timely manner
4. Participate in research projects
* Remain familiar with ongoing research projects and the role of nursing in each
* Communicate with faculty, staff and peers to ensure research project requirements are properly executed
5. Contribute to a professional, safe and efficient hospital environment
Position located in Kennett Sq. , no public trans. avail.
Qualifications: CVT or CAHT required (graduate of an AVMA-accredited veterinary technician program); or eligible to sit for boards.
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Reference Number: 58-28152
Salary Grade: 022
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: Widener Hospital
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: 3-Animal Care